By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Online, Friend Codes, Miis, Strikers and Pokémon

OK, now that these games are both out in one of the regions (NA), it's time to put a rumor to rest:

Next Level Games: Foot Toujours
G – Et le code Mii, ça se passe comment ?
NLG / Justin Dowdeswell, Producer – Chaque Mii créé génère un code Mii qui reste invariable par la suite. Ce code servira donc pour tous les autres jeux jouables en ligne dans le futur.

My french is far from perfect (or even good) but that roughly translates to:

Gamers - What about Friend Codes, what's up with that?
Next Level Games / Justin Dowdeswell, Producer - Each Mii generates a Friend Code that remains invariable thereafter. Such code will work for all other online games in the future.

Also here the reasons for skepticism, from the same Justin Dowdeswell:
"We're just aware of how we're handling Strikers stuff ... That's not to say it won't happen, but I'm not aware of that."

So can anyone who owns both Strikers and Pokémon say if their friend codes match or not?
Or find anything that either confirms or denies this?

Thanks!

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

I don't own both but I can already tell you it's going to be a different code for each.

Did you know that your DS has a unique friend code too? And it's this code in combination with your game's serial number that generates each unique game's friend code? It's so you can only play each game online with a single DS. Kinda like registration keys on PC's. Insane anti-piracy fact for the day!

They can say each Mii has their own friend code but it might still just get used for generating user-specific and game-specific friend codes for each game to allow you to have multiple friends lists for the same game/system combination.

Wow I own both. Haha this is actually intriguing. Guess I should go check real quick.

Nope they are definetly not the same. But it's interesting to note that PBR doesn't use Miis. There is no Mii integration in the game so there is still hope.

OK, thanks Zucas. I thought it used Pokémon used Miis. Still possible, though unlikely. One friend code per Mii would make sense though.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
KruzeS said:
OK, thanks Zucas. I thought it used Pokémon used Miis. Still possible, though unlikely. One friend code per Mii would make sense though.

It would be nice if that friend code is attached to your Mii so that you can take it with youon your Wiimote.  It wouldn't be anything revolutionary but could open up a few fun possibilities.

Yea there's still a chance cause PBR doesn't use Miis. But those 2 games don't have the same codes. Guess we'll have to wait for another online game wiht mii integration.

But ya know maybe I could check my other miis on the console and see if they come up with another code. Wouldn't that prove that seperate miis have different friend codes which would prove half of this is right.

BREAKING: Well not really. But I just tried another mii for Strikers online and it's friend code is different. Meaning that in Strikers each mii generates a different friend code.

So maybe this is true after all. We just now have to figure out if the game just gives different friend codes for different miis. Or each mii has it's own friend code.

Zucas said:
BREAKING: Well not really. But I just tried another mii for Strikers online and it's friend code is different. Meaning that in Strikers each mii generates a different friend code.

Not really breaking news since the game tells you that when you register a Mii.