By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii last Zelda on Wii?

@Gnizmo: The Zelda team always made 1 game at a time. It may be doing 2 games simoultaneously now, because before this happened, There was a 3rd party dev in charge of making the portable games. Capcom published them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Gnizmo: The Zelda team always made 1 game at a time. It may be doing 2 games simoultaneously now, because before this happened, There was a 3rd party dev in charge of making the portable games. Capcom published them.

Capcom has never once published a Zelda game. They developed a few with over sight from Nintendo but never published. I find it interesting though that you now admit it is possible for them to be working on more than one game at a time. So, perhaps, they have been working on this second Zelda game since they first mentioned it was in existence?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Capcom didn't publish Zelda games...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I hope the new Zelda game sticks with the more mature looking Link. The cartoony graphics are good for DS games, but the console ones work better for me being all H-core like. Thaaat's right. H-core.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Gnizmo said:
trestres said:

Capcom has never once published a Zelda game. They developed a few with over sight from Nintendo but never published. I find it interesting though that you now admit it is possible for them to be working on more than one game at a time. So, perhaps, they have been working on this second Zelda game since they first mentioned it was in existence?

I think you just blew his freaking mind with that, I wouldn't doubt him questioning everything he's ever believed in now.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

It depends. If the next Zelda hits in 2009 (and I believe it will), then we could see another one right at the end of the generation.

If it hits in 2010, then it all depends on how long Nintendo decides to ride the Wii train before ditching it for their next console.

It all depends on the Wii's lifespan if it's still selling in 2010 and 2011 i dont see why Nintendo would not bring another Zelda game to their most successful console ever.

Depends on whether they re-use assets like they did with Majora's Mask, or starts from the ground up like they did with Twilight Princess.

I guess it really depends on how well Zelda Wii is received across the world.

I want them to only make one Zelda on Wii (not counting TP) and then work on the next gen Zelda. Better grafix take time and they need all the time they can get to make it good and release it two years or so after the next gen Nintendo system is out.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Zelda Wii Cmas 09
SMG 2 Cmas 2010
We will not get a full zelda in 2011, and I think 2012 will be the launch of a new console, and maybe a new Zelda.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut