By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii last Zelda on Wii?

trestres said:
@Rol: I know, because the 1st party team was busy working on 1 project only, like they always do. That's why we won't be seeing another Zelda game for a long time.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0309.1142.57468.htm?Page=3

GI: Is it safe to say that you have two Zelda teams? One for portables and one for consoles?

Aonuma: Yes

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you have to know how to stand the truth. Having stupidly negative thoughts about things will make you feel bad, you need some time out.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

*shock* Did trestres just admit he was wrong that another team developed a Zelda title? Oh my God!!!!!!

And back to other news, the zelda teams were making PH and TP at the same time, as well as the TP team now working on Zelda Wii with a probable handheld game in the works or the teams are working together on the already announced console title.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Aonuma

Aonuma began work on the Super Famicom game Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajim, which was only released in Japan and was influenced by The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's renowned game designer, saw his work and asked him to be game system director on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which was then being developed for the Nintendo 64. He was also the director of the following games in The Legend of Zelda series, Majora's Mask, the Nintendo 64 sequel to Ocarina of Time, and The Wind Waker, the first Zelda game for the Nintendo GameCube. After The Wind Waker, Aonuma considered moving onto other projects, but was convinced by Shigeru Miyamoto to continue with the Zelda series. He said he "would like to make a Zelda that somehow surpasses the Ocarina of Time", and later finished work on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the second major Zelda game to be released for the GameCube and a launch game for the Wii. He was voted Designer of the Year for his work on Twilight Princess in Electronic Gaming Monthly's 2006 1Up Network Awards. He then completed work on a sequel to The Wind Waker for the Nintendo DS, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. He also helped develop Link's Crossbow Training, which is the first game to use the Wii Zapper. Aonuma has confirmed that he is involved in the development of the next Zelda game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Analysis_and_Development

EAD Software Group No. 3

Manager/Producer: Eiji Aonuma

* Games developed
o The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
o The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
o The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
o The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
o The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
o Link's Crossbow Training

Someone care to give me a link where it says that team is splitted in 2? Considering the amount of games they have made, it would be completely stupid. You are telling me one of the 2 teams was making nothing for years until they decided to make Zelda PH?

That's not how it works. The team is only one and they make 1 project at a time. They MAY be doing 2 simultaneous projects at a given time, but there's just 1 team, not 2.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I love how Wiki is somehow a better source then the man himself telling everyone there are 2 teams... silly trestres wikipedia is for kids!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@maxwell: What was the 2nd team making during when the 1st team as making Majoras Mask? And when the team was making Zelda WW?

Still, I wasn't proven wrong by anyone, since Capcom isnt making anymore Zelda games, flagship studios closed a while ago. When I said Zelda team, you clrearly knew I was talking about the 1st party team that makes the Zelda games, also known as Nintendo EAD 4.

@Claude: Hmm, that sounds like BS. Even if he said it, Nintendo EAD 4 is just one team, 1 team that may be working on 2 games at a time, but hasnt always worked like that, since Zelda PH was their first portable game. What was the ohter team making before?
If the team is splitted in 2, then Zelda Wii is even further than we thought, considering that their last home console game was released in late 2007, so it has been just 1 year with the team being free, while this time the team will be smaller, because a portion of the whole team is dedicated to the next Zelda Portable game. 2010 may be a little too optimistic now that I think about it.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Did you just say what Aonuma says about Zelda teams is BS

Aonuma

REALLY?

EAD Software Group No. 2

Manager/Producer: Katsuya Eguchi
Games developed
Animal Crossing
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Wii Sports Resort

So, how do you explain this Tres? It appears that this one team has *gasp* worked on at least 2 games at the same time. So why would it be impossible for the same to be true of EAD group 3 exactly?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Khuutra said:
Did you just say what Aonuma says about Zelda teams is BS

Aonuma

REALLY?

He also said that PH was their first portable game.

I think trestres just made a failfail :(

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@Khuutra: Yes, since it hasn't always been like that. PH was their first portable game. What was the portable team making in the N64 and GC eras? This may in fact be new, but as far as I always knew, the Zelda team made 1 game at a time. Could have changed and I may have got ridiculized here, but it had never worked like that.

Also, Eiji is always behind the games, which means the teams are shared, they aren't 2 different teams.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

That does it, I demand an ignore function.

This is toxic. It pollutes the perceptions of the people who read it.

The director of the series not knowing about how his own teams work. That is just more than I am willing to take from one person.