By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii last Zelda on Wii?

They will likely make a real zelda wii and then another zelda after that. The real trend is that they make an engine for the game and then make another game based off that engine, reducing the development time.

Its a waste of an engine/time otherwise. OoT had Majora's mask for example. The WW was a different story because the style was just not popular and they felt fan pressure to make a true OoT successor.

Around the Network

Yes Gamecube had 3 Zelda games, Wind Waker, The Four Swords, and Twilight Princess, Wii has Twilight Princess, going to get this new one coming up, and most assuredly if Nintendo sticks to that 10 year plan, there will be a 3rd Zelda before the end of the Wii's life.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

There will probably another one towards the end of the Wii's life and they'll port it to the Super Wii, just like TP.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

If the Retro Studios rumor is true then there might be even more.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Definitely, seeing that the game won't see the light until late 2010. It will be too late for another one.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Definitely, seeing that the game won't see the light until late 2010. It will be too late for another one.

Who? What? when? where? I mean seriously here where do you get your info man? Where does it come from?  Little green men in space that spy on Nintendo for you?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Why dont you disagree with the OP as well, I mean where did he got his info from?

So far all my "predictions" about the upcoming games didnt out bad at all. Like everyone was expecting multiple games from SE for the Wii to be showcased at this years TGS and FFCC:CB too. I was the only one that said it wasnt happening. Same for those who believed that Nintendo was going to release more surprise games in the second Half of 2008. I'm saying that Nintendo will not have any Wii games ready until 2010, save for the GC ports and Wii Sports Resort.

It will be the first time in ages that the Zelda franchise won't be seeing any games in 2 years. 2010 is going to be quite a good year for the Wii, but completely forget about Zelda in 2009 cause its not going to happen, it's a definite no. Just common sense.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

thekitchensink said:
^^XD He never said the series will be over. He said the last one on WII!

Well.........he's not wrong if Nintendo never releases another console!

Yeah, as if that will happen....

trestres said:
Why dont you disagree with the OP as well, I mean where did he got his info from?

So far all my "predictions" about the upcoming games didnt out bad at all. Like everyone was expecting multiple games from SE for the Wii to be showcased at this years TGS and FFCC:CB too. I was the only one that said it wasnt happening. Same for those who believed that Nintendo was going to release games in the second Half of 2008. I'm saying that Nintendo will not have any Wii games ready until 2010, save for the GC ports and Wii Sports Resort.

It will be the first time in ages that the Zelda franchise won't be seeing any games in 2 years. 2010 is going to be quite a good year for the Wii, but completely forget about Zelda in 2009 cause its not going to happen, it's a definite no. Just common sense.

1. yet they showed a new game and it has been confirmed that FFCC:CB is not dead as you have many times claimed.

2. I don't know where you been but they have... if you haven't played them then it's your problem not anyone elses, so quit claiming it as truth.

3. Another claim that is just pulled out of your ass by these spy aliens you must have.

4. Do you even realize how long they've been working on Zelda Wii?  Really? Cause it was confirmed to have started before TP was released, that will be 2 years now... you're claiming Zelda Wii will be in development for over 3 years?

trestres said:

So far all my "predictions" about the upcoming games didnt out bad at all. Like everyone was expecting multiple games from SE for the Wii to be showcased at this years TGS and FFCC:CB too. I was the only one that said it wasnt happening. Same for those who believed that Nintendo was going to release more surprise games in the second Half of 2008. I'm saying that Nintendo will not have any Wii games ready until 2010, save for the GC ports and Wii Sports Resort.

He's not disagreeing with the OP because we don't question his mental health nearly as much.

Your "predictions" are made of ass. You said TCB was getting ported to the PSP, then you said it was canceled. Both of these asinine predictions blew back in your face. You can't claim victory about anything, especially since Jump Festa hasn't even happened yet.

Whether Zelda Wii comes out in 09 or 10 doesn't really matter - it's coming and we're going to get it. As for your 2009 prediction, I think it goes without saying how stupid it is.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"