By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Even the offer of free popcorn failed.

Around the Network

I like cheese.

But posts need content. So:

Why on earth did you make this thread? So you have different tastes from other people.

Alright, I just spotted something: "Exclusive games don't make a console"

What does make a console then? Looks? Controller? Menu screens? We say PS3 is better than 360 or vice versa because that is our opinion. We are entitled to an opinion. We are not all going to hold hands and sing as one happy gaming population.

Of course it's opinion! What isn't opinion? All reviews are opinions. Everything you say which you thought of is an opinion. Crysis having better graphics than Okami is an opinion. The PS3 being better than the 360 is an opinion. GTA4 being overrated is an opinion. These are all my opinions. There is no scientific fact to back them up, but that doesn't make them bad.

I could go on for hours, but I'll conclude here. Fanboys are in this struggle because it is human nature.

Now where's that popcorn?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I like cheese.

Why on earth did you make this thread? So you have different tastes from other people.

What does make a console then? Looks? Controller? Menu screens? We say PS3 is better than 360 or vice versa because that is our opinion. We are entitled to an opinion. We are not all going to hold hands and sing as one happy gaming population.

Of course it's opinion! What isn't opinion? All reviews are opinions. Everything you say which you thought of is an opinion. Crysis having better graphics than Okami is an opinion. The PS3 being better than the 360 is an opinion. GTA4 being overrated is an opinion. These are all my opinions. There is no scientific fact to back them up, but that doesn't make them bad.

I could go on for hours, but I'll conclude here. Fanboys are in this struggle because it is human nature.

You sir get none because your post had content.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

*sigh*

I'd like some cola please, i hate popcorn.

Around the Network

Oh and Btw...

Nuff said...

Sevengen said:
it's a shame no one here has taken the time to answer you. speaks volumes about the depth of a fanboy: they can rant for hours on end about which system they think is better, but ask them WHY they rant and they respond like the people above...with nothing.
Here it is in a nutshell.
...PS2 conquers the world
...millions of people jump on board because it great to align yourself with what's best.
...MS releases the xbox, a technical monster compared the PS2, and begins to develop a loyal user base because of their innovation and hardcore gamer values.
...Sony feels threatened, rightfully so, as do all of their loyal subjects who refuse to admit that there's something better, or at least, a respectable alternative to all things playstation.
...MS releases the successor the xbox, beating Sony to the punch and further encroaching on Sony's marketshare, Sony reponds with arrogance, apathy and subversive media releases to try and undermine any gains MS might make. Sony's diehard fans follow suit, for apparently no logical reason. MS fans strike back and the forum wars truly begin.
...Sony, fearing the marketshare encroachment of MS, overcomensates and designs an awesome machine that's unfortunately priced out and above what 'gamers' are capable of paying, initial sales don't exactly take off and the system is complex to develop for, limiting the smooth release of revenue making games.
...MS fans take notice and let Sony fans know about it.
...Sony fans, not to be outdone, tell MS fans they're full of it and continue keeping the faith and chocking down the hard to swallow promises of Sony Corp.
....MS fans enjoy great games, great online, full featured amenities through MS's Live service, and once again, let Sony fans know about.
...The true Sony diehards, still with no logical reason to be so, keep the forum wars going ad nauseum because they have no choice. They've made their bed so to speak, and 'aint goin nowhere.
...All that and the simple fact that's it's very human to choose something and defend the choice you've made. Some people miss the part where they have other things to choose from and decide stick it out with what they've got.
...As silly as it is, it the forum wars between the 360 and PS3 are just a way for people to feel good about what they picked, it's really more about them defending themselves than it is their defending their system. Honestly, it could be about anything: boxers vs briefs, dogs vs. cats, leg man vs. boob man... doesn't really matter.

Big Nutshell.

I took the time to answer him. I think other people didn't because they are sick of these and have answered them several times.

*Eats popcorn*

Anyway, here's a more detailed summary.

-Nintendo rules the world

-Sony comes along

-Sony rules the world (with the PS1)

-Sony rules the world AGAIN (with the PS2)

-Microsoft decides it needs to expand

-Xbox released

-Sony mildly worried

-GameCube released!

-PS2 outsells Xbox by 95 million units

-PS2 outsells GameCube by 100 million units

-Sony laughs

-Nintendo slips away quietly

-Sony becomes arrogant

-Sony releases a 600 dollar system that somehow sells (badly)

-Microsoft laughs

-Nintendo make a 250 dollar system that proceeds to destroy both of the other consoles

-Microsoft and Sony cry, then move on.

-Microsoft fanboys regard PS3 as the biggest disaster in history, saying 'it has no gamez!!!!11one' two months into the release, and begin to make PS3-bashing songs/stories/grills.

-'PS3 is doomed' threads

-Sony cuts the price of the PS3

-360 gets owned for 37 weeks in a row.

-Sony laughs again

-'360 is doomed' threads

-360 gets price cut

-PS3 gets owned 10 weeks in a row

-Microsoft laughs again

-more 'PS3 is doomed' threads with the occasional 'STOP MAKING "PS3 IS DOOMED" THREADS!' threads.

And that's where we are now.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Kantor said:
I like cheese.

You sir get none because your post had content.

Somebody had to!

Can I have some cheese at least?

*Hands Kantor a Bag O' potato chips deep fried in bacon oil and chilli pepper sauce*

Mmm das De gewd Stuff mon. :P

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
*Hands Kantor a Bag O' potato chips deep fried in bacon oil and chilli pepper sauce*

Mmm das De gewd Stuff mon. :P

I would have preferred popcorn or cheese, but...

*begins to eat crisps*

Let me know when we need a dancing banana.