By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just went to Best Buy and Future shop...WTH is Sony thinking?

On my lunch break I went to see whats new at BB and FS here in downtown Toronto (Canada) and I noticed that PS3 has new bundles available. This one...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10114041&catid=24376

They were proudly on display next to the Xbox pros and elites. Now this bundle was talked about here quite a bit and has a 160 GB hard drive and Uncharted. the price for this bundle here in Canada is 519 dollars + tax.

I'm sorry but thats just rediculous. I don't know of too many gamers that are so "hardcore" and would need a 160 gig hard drive in their ps3...yet are not "hardcore" enough to know that its cheaper to buy the 399 model and a 250-320 gig hard drive and swap it yourself. Also, the fact that this new model doesn't have backwards compatibility is quite a shame.

When the xbox360 is available for 299 for a model that offers the whole xbox360 experience, which is arguably as good as anything PS3 is offering if not better, having a bundle that is 220 more expensive is just madness. Especially in todays financial times...

Not to mention that the 360 comes with 4 games (lego, panda, dark sector, enchanted arms) and is available for 199 if you want to do casual gaming that also comes with those 4 games.

I can safely make a prediction at this point that PS3 will get a bloody nose this holiday season in terms of sales...atleast in North America. I am hoping they are atleast pulling a large profit for each console sold...then it may all be worth it.

Around the Network

I would question what the hell MS is thinking with that bundle.....Enchanted Arms? EEEEWWWW!!!

Torillian said:
I would question what the hell MS is thinking with that bundle.....Enchanted Arms? EEEEWWWW!!!

Its a future shop bundle... and its clearly there to get rid of overstock for that game.

Torillian said:

Well, I only got Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda, so I guess I must be happy?

ahh....it's a future shop thing...that makes sense then.

Around the Network

those are decent bundles for the 360, sony should sell a ps3 bundle that has lbp,ratchet and clank and iron man on bluray for $399. that would certainly help sales alot i think.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
those are decent bundles for the 360, sony should sell a ps3 bundle that has lbp,ratchet and clank and iron man on bluray for $399. that would certainly help sales alot i think.

That would help indeed. A big movie title bundle that is part of sony pictures would help greatly. Not raising the price is key as 399 is already too expensive. 519 is crazy...

Also Sony should put demos of LBP and Resistance 2 on xbox live... lol

Weren't they supposed to be 499?

perpride said:
Weren't they supposed to be 499?

Most likely due to the Canadian dollar they are 519 in Canada. It maybe 499 in USA.

the moment a console crosses the 500 dollar mark it can kiss sales good bye...no mater what its bundle offers. And I think we can all agree that the current bundle for 519 is nothing special.

They are thinking profit/money, so if you can't afford it leave it alone go buy a Wii or 360 it's that simple.