By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just went to Best Buy and Future shop...WTH is Sony thinking?

Too expensive for my tastes. I would like to pick up a PS3, but not for $399, and especially not for $499...I'll just try to be patient.

Around the Network

They should have bundled the game at no additional cost with a 80gb model. I can't see it being a deal to pay $100 for a game and 80gb of extra HD space. The only reason I paid extra for the MGS4 bundle is for the limited bc and the extra usb/card slots.

disolitude said:
Torillian said:
I would question what the hell MS is thinking with that bundle.....Enchanted Arms? EEEEWWWW!!!

Its a future shop bundle... and its clearly there to get rid of overstock for that game.

u have 2 remember disol that ppl will buy the more expensive bundles...........its not the basic priced package......... it comes with extras thats worth it, its just an option for those who want it thats all............and regarding hd diy not many ppl know that

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

disolitude said:
Kyros said:
And that statement stays true in my opinion due to other aspects that 360 does better and aren't hardware related

But these are highly opinionated. If you say better online, you should also add 50$ per year to the price of the 360.
Multiplats are almost equal now technically , new exclusives are also pretty much the same (even when Gears2 is an absolute blockbuster)
The PS3 is in general the better media system, in exchange the 360 will get Netflix (most likely the PS3 will get it as well) ...

I think you will have a really hard time arguing that the feature set of the 360 is significantly better in General. This leaves us with the price and it is true that if you only want to play games, have no problem with a LAN cable .. you can get a 360 much cheaper. But this only fits for the Arcade,

I didn't say it is significantly better than PS3. I'd consider them equal in the market... But I gues you are right. If they are the same price, the sales would lean towads the ps3 due to bluray which is a huge advantage.

I agree with you, neither system is significantly better than the other.  They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, however I never liked the "if they were the same price" argument.  The systems are not the same price because of the components that go into each system.  If they were the same price, then the components of each system should be the same or similiar.

I PAYED 1,199.00u$ FOR THE PS3 80GB in Brazil.... don´t complain about 512C$, it´s really CHEAP.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network
kibebr said:
I PAYED 1,199.00u$ FOR THE PS3 80GB in Brazil.... don´t complain about 512C$, it´s really CHEAP.

lol...point taken...but I'm not really complaining.

I personally have the money to buy a ps3 if i really wanted it even if it were 1199 dollars here. However this topic is more about PS3 sales this holiday season to the masses.

Wow and to think that two months ago our dollar was worth more than the USD. I agree with you when you say that you can kiss sales goodbye when you go above $500...especially when your main competition is offering its console starting at 199.