By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create 11/17 -- 11/23

Xen said:
shanbcn said:
Will PS3 pass 50k next week? Or maybe at lest 40k with PES bundles?

Nah. I don't think PES is that big.

PES is alot bigger then you think, selling 1 million every year on PS2. The good news for PS3 is that PS2 PES will not release this year.

Around the Network

Last Remnant is selling amazingly in Japan.

Wii is above average
360 has improved a lot
PS3 is slowing down slightly.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Wii on 35k? could've been better

Kantor said:

Last Remnant is selling amazingly in Japan.

Wii is above average
360 has improved a lot
PS3 is slowing down slightly.

Both the Wii and 360 had major releases this week, so I feel their hardware numbers should have been a bit better imo than improving 10k or so units a piece.

And for some reason the PS3 is holding stable (if not fractionally down) with only one title on the top 10 charts...any big Blu-Ray releases that week in Japan I wonder?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

you have to laugh at those saying 100k for TLR was bad in japan, that is only like 100k less then what LBP sold in NA in its 1st week. Difference being there are only 600k 360's in japan and 6m ps3's in NA..... so it did very well indeed.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
you have to laugh at those saying 100k for TLR was bad in japan, that is only like 100k less then what LBP sold in NA in its 1st week. Difference being there are only 600k 360's in japan and 6m ps3's in NA..... so it did very well indeed.

Predictions: PS3 will never over-take the 360 in Worldwide sales this gen.

Killzone 2 will sell under 500k worldwide in its 1st week

LittleBigPlanet will struggle to make 1.5m sold worldwide

enough said

Max King of the Wild said:
Hyruken said:

enough said

...and don't forget the winning prediction in your siggy either.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Hyruken said:

enough said

What does that have to do with the fact that selling 100k games on a userbase of 600k is impressive? Besides his first prediction has a big chance of coming true.

BengaBenga said:
Hyruken said:

enough said

What does that have to do with the fact that selling 100k games on a userbase of 600k is impressive? Besides his first prediction has a big chance of coming true.

Well... I was going to point out the fact that the game had 80k first day sales... and the game received bundles... and logically with such high first day sales and such low sales the other two days... then sales are obviously on the decline,

I was also gonna point out the fact that TLR isnt LBP and the 360 in Japan isnt the Ps3 in America.

Then I was going to wrap it up with the "first week sales?" spiel... but then i read the sig and decided not to bother since he isnt very logical and he obviously wishes the worst on sony

No wonder SE didn't even bother to release FFXIII on 360 in Japan. Expect similar numbers for SO4 because even after so many JRPGs in recent times on 360, they still barely sell 100k first week and 120-130k LTD one after another. MS must be paying huge amount of money to SE and other companies because they are losing at least 400k-500k sales on PS3.