By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: Recon Name Changed

Bungie's upcoming Halo project, announced as Halo 3: Recon has undergone an official name change. Now the title will be known as Halo 3: ODST. The ODST acronym stands for "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers." These elite soldiers will be the focus on the upcoming game and the tale will be told from their perspective rather than Master Chief's.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933699p1.html

Around the Network

Recon was better

Already posted.

AKA pooperscooper said:
Recon was better

I dont care about halo games, but i agree that was a better title name sounded more epic.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
Recon was better

I dont care about halo games, but i agree that was a better title name sounded more epic.

ODST just doesn't roll off the tongue...

Around the Network

This may actually rival the Afrika -> Hakuna Matata name change in terms of stupidity.
Who figured they would rename the game to something you can't remember?!

Recon was better ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Doesn't matter, its halo. It'll sell if they called it halo: crap. But yeah the name isn't as catchy, but lets wait until we see how they advertise it.

Halo : Old Dumb Stupid Title
that's it ;)

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Why the hell would they change it? Recon was brilliant. And if they had to change it, it couldn't have been to something slightly more catchy?

Come on. Halo: ODST? Who is going to buy that (other than the 5 million people that come with the first word)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective