By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Midway concerned over PS3 sals

I guess they're just another developer to add to the list that includes Square Enix that are concerned about PS3 sales.  It's anyone's guess if this growing list of third parties will cause the Playstation 3 to lose third party support. 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27257

Midway's CEO David Zucker has told GamesIndustry.biz that he's still concerned about sales of the PlayStation 3, but thinks the recently announced USD 100 price cut will certainly help the console in the short term.

"We would not be the only publisher to tell you that we're a little concerned about the take-up of the PS3," said Zucker, in an interview published today.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

I guess they're just another developer to add to the list that includes Square Enix that are concerned about PS3 sales.

Square Enix, Konami and Midway at least. Any others?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i'm guessing nintendo is also worried about the ps3 sales

mwhahaha come on that was funny :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sega came forward and said the same thing, and likely every third party making games for the system feels the same way. Do you really think companies looking at the horrible third party sales on the PS3 aren't concerned?

Legend11 said:
Sega came forward and said the same thing, and likely every third party making games for the system feels the same way. Do you really think companies looking at the horrible third party sales on the PS3 aren't concerned?

Of course, I meant to list the ones who have publicly expressed their concern only :)

Around the Network

Why worry? Ps3 is on track! 4 mil in what 7months is not that bad. Only thing that makes the sales look bad is the phenomenal sales of the Wii. Other than that, I'd say the PS3 is doing well. Not to mention as every fan boy states (yes it will happen) the games are coming and they will sell the ps3.

Btw, I rented my Blue Ray Movie from Blockbuster (Australia) GAME ON!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Why worry? Ps3 is on track! 4 mil in what 7months is not that bad. Only thing that makes the sales look bad is the phenomenal sales of the Wii. Other than that, I'd say the PS3 is doing well. Not to mention as every fan boy states (yes it will happen) the games are coming and they will sell the ps3.

Btw, I rented my Blue Ray Movie from Blockbuster (Australia) GAME ON!!!

Yes, the companies who are worried are wrong and should hire you as their official "non-worried person".

Neos said:
i'm guessing nintendo is also worried about the ps3 sales

mwhahaha come on that was funny :P

lol. True  :)

The same guy also has URT3 coming to the PS3 and NOT 360 in 2007

Didn't you make a big i'am leaving thread ? PS3 sales must have scared x fans in to moving their ass's and spreading some good old PS3 doom lol.

PS3 is one scary mofo ain't it. Twice the 360s price no games yet still out selling it. Now imagine a $399 PS3 with MGS4 Gran Turismo5 and Final Fantasy, ohhh i see a green box's funeral ohh i really do.

Legend11 said:

Sega also said this.

“The Wii will start to look really dated in a couple years when developers get more value from the 360 and learn more and more about the PlayStation 3,”

Is PS3 3rd party sales are horrible then Wiis are a disaster.