By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - downloadable games underpriced - 360 dev.

I love downloadable games. What I hate is how Microsoft sets a minimum on how many points you can buy. How many people here have purchased a game on XBL only to have points left over but not enough to buy something else? It's happened to me many times and it frustrates me.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

This clown never heard of the xna user games on the 360. I just downloaded a game for 200 points. Users get to set the pricepoint there... What a clown. CLOWN!!!!

disolitude said:
This clown never heard of the xna user games on the 360. I just downloaded a game for 200 points. Users get to set the pricepoint there... What a clown. CLOWN!!!!

Actually, this clown made an XNA game- Weapon of Choice.

gebx said:
FYI - The guy complaining is Former Insomniac Games developer Nathan Fouts
I think he's the one who created the weapons for the first Resistance..

Who I interviewed a day ago...The VGC article will be up soon.

@ Xgamer - You can buy smaller numbers of points off of the Zune marketplace, I believe...You use the same MS Passport name there, so the points are interchangable with XBL and Zune.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

badgenome said:
disolitude said:

I see... So why is he being a clown then?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
badgenome said:
disolitude said:

I see... So why is he being a clown then?

Because he thinks he didn't pay enough for Castle Crashers, apparently.

mrstickball said:
There are 2 things wrong with how XBLA/XBCG/XBO handles pricing of titles:

1) Prices aren't flexible (as per Nathan's argument)
2) Not a big enough selection of 'big' and 'smaller' games. The vast majority of titles are $10. Some aren't worth it, some are worth more. Microsoft needs to take the quasi-Sony route and allow for bigger, better games to be downloadable.

An issue is that, for consumers, it's hard to compare the value of a game like Audiosurf to Halflife on Steam (both are the same price), or N+ to Screwjumper (both are the same price). This may me skewing sales, since some pricing models just aren't flexible.

There is at least one other major problem with their current pricing scheme. They sell points in multiples of 5, but price games in multiples of 4. This means you have to buy more than what you need, which often stops me from buying the game at all.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
mrstickball said:
There are 2 things wrong with how XBLA/XBCG/XBO handles pricing of titles:

1) Prices aren't flexible (as per Nathan's argument)
2) Not a big enough selection of 'big' and 'smaller' games. The vast majority of titles are $10. Some aren't worth it, some are worth more. Microsoft needs to take the quasi-Sony route and allow for bigger, better games to be downloadable.

An issue is that, for consumers, it's hard to compare the value of a game like Audiosurf to Halflife on Steam (both are the same price), or N+ to Screwjumper (both are the same price). This may me skewing sales, since some pricing models just aren't flexible.

There is at least one other major problem with their current pricing scheme. They sell points in multiples of 5, but price games in multiples of 4. This means you have to buy more than what you need, which often stops me from buying the game at all.

you could pick up some point cards from retail stores.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

sonys model is much better then this or nintendo.. i put excatly 15 bucks from my card and thats what the game costs.

Am I the only one who remembers paying 50 bucks for games like Bionic Commando on the N.E.S.??? I think the prices are fine. People just complain because they expect a lot for next to nothing... But I don't think they should cost any more than most games already do.

Anyway, I'd be stupid to complain about 15 dollar Street Fighter 2 HD when I probably paid 90 bucks for the S.N.E.S. cartridge back in the day.