By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - downloadable games underpriced - 360 dev.

sublime78 said:

Am I the only one who remembers paying 50 bucks for games like Bionic Commando on the N.E.S.??? I think the prices are fine. People just complain because they expect a lot for next to nothing... But I don't think they should cost any more than most games already do.

Anyway, I'd be stupid to complain about 15 dollar Street Fighter 2 HD when I probably paid 90 bucks for the S.N.E.S. cartridge back in the day.

I think about that a lot, actually. Although, for some reason, my point of reference is paying $50 for World Games...

Around the Network
MrBubbles said: 

you could pick up some point cards from retail stores.

Then I am forced to buy 1600 points which forces me to to buy two games to get one. That is also a shitty way to try and get people to spend more than they should have to on a game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
MrBubbles said: 

you could pick up some point cards from retail stores.

Then I am forced to buy 1600 points which forces me to to buy two games to get one. That is also a shitty way to try and get people to spend more than they should have to on a game.

there arent 2 XBLA games you would like??

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said: 

there arent 2 XBLA games you would like??

Currently there is not. The only game up for download that has me mildly interested at this point is Psychonauts. I have picked up Ikaruga, and more recently Puzzle Fighter. Those purchases were seperated by a few months though, and even then I am not completely satisfied with Puzzle Fighter (they left out som of my favorite parts). I am a picky gamer with a very strange taste in games (I own, at most, one game you would descirbe as a system seller for the 360 for example). If you sell games based around 800 points, then sell me points 800 at a time. Anything else is just ripping me off because I am forced to buy your virtual currency.

Again...Zune Marketplace allows you to buy in 400pt increments.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Again...Zune Marketplace allows you to buy in 400pt increments.

Thats a great option now that I know about itbut only makes the Xbox live system all the more retarded. Why do they sell points over live in multiples of 5 when the option exists to buy them in multiples of 4? The Zune marketplace does not so much exonerate them as it does highlight their shitty practices.