By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu gives its first perfect score to a Wii game

That's all well and good, but what good is it when the people outside of Japan can't play it?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:

And ...... IT'S NOT MADE BY NINTENDO!!!!!!

[Wii] 428 10,10,10,10

Source:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343378

428 is a japanese interactive drama.......This.... How???

PD: Smash gets a perfect score too so please fix the topic name.

Actually, it suppose to be 2nd, SSBB was the 1st.FYI, Wii is the only console that got 2 perfect scores.According to Wiki, "In a March 2006 article of Famitsu magazine, one of the largest videogame publications in Japan, Machi ranked 5th in a top 100 reader poll of their favorite games of all time." , another novel game & it also made by Chunsoft.

This is another proof that good game can be in Novel style.

You haven't played it, don't judge it.

Creativity is their way to success!

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

MANUELF said:
So the hype for the game is like the one for MGS4 or SSBB?

Not at all. It won't pass 100k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I love some of the visual novels, but why this should be a film? Why not gorgeous sprite-based graphics with impessive art-design?

This is why I don't care for japanese market. :D

Around the Network

Lol Famitsu...I don't trust their scores at all, didn't they give TLR a 38/40 while the western world is giving it crap scores?

mai said:
I love some of the visual novels, but why this should be a film? Why not gorgeous sprite-based graphics with impessive art-design?

Because then it would be a different game. By all accounts so far this is an engaging and well made cinematic game. Just because of the short lived and poor quality of such games in the 90's (oh look, a CD! Lets pack in lots of crappy video highly compressed), doesn't mean the idea is bad. A great movie stretched out to game length with branching paths and interactivity? sounds great!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

outlawauron said:
Riachu said:
Soriku said:
40 for a visual novel/text adventure game? lol.

Visual novels just happen to be a very popular genre in Japan

Yeah, the biggest seller this gen was Imabikisou on the PS3. It sold about 40k. The Wii also got Imabikisou, but it sold like 10k.

...Phoenix Wright?

Hmm..Im not a fan of Wii. Nor am I familiar with sound novels but I checked out the promo videos for this game at the official site http://chun.sega.jp/428/mov/ and it seems pretty fuckin' interesting. And though I think Famitsu's reviews are biased they couldnt possibly give a perfect score to a bad game.

Anyhow here is the lowdown on the game from what I gathered/translated after watching the videos.

The Premise:

One major event that could jolt the world has been triggered in the streets of Shibuya (a place in central Tokyo)
The Characters:

A man who loves Shibuya more than any other

A young detective from the Shibuya Police Department

A virus expert

A hot headed freelance writer

A mysterious person in a cat suit

The Clencher:

a 10 hour limit,

five lives spinning out of control...

their aims coming together...

with only one true path...

Its something different. I think I might buy this one when it comes out on 12/4.

KichiVerde said:
Famitsu's reviews are shit. They are too biases torwards certain genres.

Just like IGN and Gamespot is.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints