By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get a 360 or a PS3?

Ronster316 said:VG Chartz.com - Video Game Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC
MGS 4........ summer release

LBP i'll give props for the score it got but people will be bored out of their minds with it within 2 months

Valkriya chrponicles= all the scores are not in yet, will it beat fable 2?

Resistance? ha ha ha its on a metacritic score of 87% , Gears has destroyed resistance with an E.P.I.C. score of 93%

Hell , isn't even Left 4 Dead currently outscoring resistance on metacritic?

I understand you were following his train of thought, but please don't use metacritic as a reliable source for the quality of games. That is, unless you think that Braid is better than Fable II and Left 4 Dead, and equal with Gears 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
dallascowboysfan101 said:
Ronster316 said:
dallascowboysfan101 said:
ps3 has the best holiday game lineup that for sure

Gears of war 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead disagree with you.

im sorry but lbp resistance mgs4 and valkryia chronicles review higher on meta and even metacritic agreeds that ps3 has the best lineup of games with 2008

LMFAO. Dude if you are going to use metacritic, make sure it supports your arguement.

1. MGS4 is not holiday lineup. It was out in the summer.

Valkyria Chronicles = 86 Metacritic.

Resistance 2           = 87 Metacritic

Motorstorm 2          = 82 metacritic

Little Big Planet       = 95 Metacritic

Compared to

Fable 2                    = 89 Metacritic

Gears 2                    = 93 Metacritic

Left 4 Dead              = 88 Metacritic

Portal: Still Alive       = 89 Metacritic.

As you can see although LBP is rated the highest score the 360 lineup easily scores much better than the PS3 lineup. *Slaps Forehead*

Selnor - theres the fanboy again...

AKA pooperscooper said:
selnor said:
Reading through your OP you have already made the choice for PS3. So this thread is kinda pointless.

I would say this.

For games variety 360 is the choice. Online service 360 is the choice.
And if sales keep up the way they are, for instance if M$ get 8mill + ahead then 3rd parties may not put all games out on PS3. Also in this factor is the horrible sales of PS3 exclusives. R2, M2 and LBP all did poorly imo compared with the hype. 360's future here is more certain for all types of games.

That said, why would you buy a PS3 now???? Wait till summer next year when the price may have droped. You can pick a 360 up now for cheap and play Gears 2 and Fable 2 (2 of the best games this year) for about half the price of a PS3.

Yes he already made his choice. So why try to convince him still?

A. He wants blu-ray

B. He doesn't want to pay for online.

C. He wants to play online with his friends who have Ps3's

Case closed.

D. He said he didn't want fanboy logic... Gears2 and Fable2 being best games this year is DEFINATLY fanboy logic. LBP and MGS4 scored higher than Gears and Fable...

(BTW pete I'm still waiting on your gaming tastes so I can reccomend games... unless you have the same exact taste as your friends and you will listen to them)

PS: 800k of a new IP in a couple of weeks is poor sales... LOL

Could you please read my post again. I said and quote "2 OF the best games" not "the 2 best games" there is a massive difference there.

@ your PS, when it was touted as the second coming of christ YES it was poor sales. It completely sold under expectations. Maybe not me or you but certainly against 80% of the forum predictions online. Sony fans created their own flop by hyping it on the net with aggressive sales predictions.

AKA pooperscooper said:
Selnor - theres the fanboy again...

I'll let you in on some advice. Showing facts to someone who completely lies in a post is not fanboyism. What he stated in the first place was fanboyism and trolling. I have done nothing but correct him. If you have nothing constructive to say (and cant be bothered to read my posts properly) dont bother quoting me.

Around the Network
selnor said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
selnor said:
Reading through your OP you have already made the choice for PS3. So this thread is kinda pointless.

I would say this.

And if sales keep up the way they are, for instance if M$ get 8mill + ahead then 3rd parties may not put all games out on PS3. Also in this factor is the horrible sales of PS3 exclusives. R2, M2 and LBP all did poorly imo compared with the hype. 360's future here is more certain for all types of games.

That said, why would you buy a PS3 now???? Wait till summer next year when the price may have droped. You can pick a 360 up now for cheap and play Gears 2 and Fable 2 (2 of the best games this year) for about half the price of a PS3.

A. He wants blu-ray

Case closed.

D. He said he didn't want fanboy logic... Gears2 and Fable2 being best games this year is DEFINATLY fanboy logic. LBP and MGS4 scored higher than Gears and Fable...

(BTW pete I'm still waiting on your gaming tastes so I can reccomend games... unless you have the same exact taste as your friends and you will listen to them)

Could you please read my post again. I said and quote "to OF the best games" not "the 2 best games" there is a massive difference there.

@ your PS, when it was touted as the second coming of christ YES it was poor sales. It completely sold under expectations. Maybe not me or you but certainly against 80% of the forum predictions online. Sony fans created their own flop by hyping it on the net with aggressive sales predictions.

Most perdictions have been about 2mil LT sales... A lot have been over 3 million... a good amount have said 4 million and hardly any said anything more than that. It will def... pass most expectations of 2 million and probablly get close to 3mil meaning it has done very well for expectations...

Now... why do you have an XBL title in your "christmas line up list" especially since A. they arent scored the same has disc based games and B. the people buying consoles wont see it on shelves and wont make their decision based on it.

Also if you want to talk about the future of games based on games that have sold poorly... why don't you name games like... oh... I don't know... TOO HUMAN, BANJO KAZOOIE (Which would make more sense in putting in your comparison for holiday line up but wouldnt support your arguement) Left 4 Dead (If resistance 2 sales were bad then so was this titles) The Last Remenant, Lips... (Lips was def. a game MS wanted to sell well since they showed it off at e3... speaking of e3 I'm fairly confident i'll be adding "youre in the movies now to this list")

360 and PS3 fanboys are raging in this thread like a thunder storm.

At any rate throwing my opinion in the mix, get both consoles, but if you must get one now let it be the PS3 you'll have an all around multi-media console.

The 360 is great and the RROD is still around just not as much as before but it still happens ALOT.

Also a key factor for many is the online that is of course if you plan on going online, if you do PS3 is the better choice since even at the cheapst 360 price it'll be around 380 dollars which is a major turn off and not worth the cash.

Basicly speaking PlayStation 3 should be your first choice and the 360 can follow later if you so choose to.

AKA pooperscooper said:
selnor said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
selnor said:

I would say this.

A. He wants blu-ray

Case closed.

Could you please read my post again. I said and quote "to OF the best games" not "the 2 best games" there is a massive difference there.

Most perdictions have been about 2mil LT sales... A lot have been over 3 million... a good amount have said 4 million and hardly any said anything more than that. It will def... pass most expectations of 2 million and probablly get close to 3mil meaning it has done very well for expectations...

Now... why do you have an XBL title in your "christmas line up list" especially since A. they arent scored the same has disc based games and B. the people buying consoles wont see it on shelves and wont make their decision based on it.

Also if you want to talk about the future of games based on games that have sold poorly... why don't you name games like... oh... I don't know... TOO HUMAN, BANJO KAZOOIE (Which would make more sense in putting in your comparison for holiday line up but wouldnt support your arguement) Left 4 Dead (If resistance 2 sales were bad then so was this titles) The Last Remenant, Lips...

You really are missing the entire point. I am not saying R2 is crap, or even Motorstorm 2. Read the bloody post. Is that so hard??????????????????????????????????

The sales for their biggest games of the holiday season are not great. They are okay as in, not bad. But compared to sales of other exclusives for consoles this christmas period they are very poor. And no no excuse that Gears 2 is a sequel or that Fable 2 is. Because R2 and M2 are both sequels.

How would putting Too Human in Holiday comparison be more sensible? It's not a holiday release. Banjo I didnt put because I included the top 4 game exclusive.

Last but not least, why should we not include Portal because it's not a disc? Just because the dev put it download only, does not mean we should disqualify a very top fully fledged game. People love and have been waiting for the next Portal installment.

1. Never said you said the games were bad

b. I didnt say too human I said banjo kazooie

c. I already explained why DL game shouldn't matter

4. I'm done with you

Also i'd like to point out, Quality of a Game > Sales of a game.

Dont give a rats ass about sales, sales does not equal the quality of the game.