By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get a 360 or a PS3?

ps3 has the best holiday game lineup that for sure

Around the Network

to be honest you should get a PS3. you get your money's worth. most importantly alot of your friends have the system. so you can have a great time. there are number of great exclusives coming to both consoles but i prefer the PS3 list. i am giving you an honest opinion after reading your thread i believe you want a PS3.

dallascowboysfan101 said:

Gears of war 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead disagree with you.

Ronster316 said:
dallascowboysfan101 said:

Gears of war 2, Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead disagree with you.

im sorry but lbp resistance mgs4 and valkryia chronicles review higher on meta and even metacritic agreeds that ps3 has the best lineup of games with 2008

MGS 4........ summer release

LBP i'll give props for the score it got but people will be bored out of their minds with it within 2 months

Valkriya chrponicles= all the scores are not in yet, will it beat fable 2?

Resistance? ha ha ha its on a metacritic score of 87% , Gears has destroyed resistance with an E.P.I.C. score of 93%

Hell , isn't even Left 4 Dead currently outscoring resistance on metacritic?

Around the Network

considering the fact you have a HDTV you probability should get a ps3 cause your eventually going to get a blu ray player, and for $100 more u can get a ps3 over a blu ray player. blu ray is the future and will eventually make dvd obselete just like dvd made VCS obselete.

don't believe the biased statements 360 has more games. And to prove this is true here is a link of 150+ ps3 exclusives either out or coming out soon. Also search on Youtube for (PlayStation Home), if you like Myspace/Facebook, i can bet this will be the reason you get a ps3.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=86124

What is funny is that I never view the cost of hardware to be the limiting factor in getting a gaming system. People make it out to be such a big deal, and I realize that to some, getting more than 1 console can be cost prohibitive, but in reality, over the lifespan of the consoles generation, the price of software will far exceed the cost of hardware. Each new game retails for $59.99. Thus for the price of 3-4 new games, you can buy a new console (Xbox 360 Arcade or Wii for example). A couple more games and you reach the cost of a PS3.

To me, I would look at getting both consoles, if not immediately, then staggered (get 1 now, and then get the other next year). Similarly if you are not playing on-line, there is no need to rush and get the latest and greatest game immediately. There are so many AAA games from the last 2-3 years that can be had for cheap. Similarly games usually get discounted by almost 50% in 3-4 months. If you never bought 1 new game and only played the games from the last 2-3 years, you will still not have enough time to finish them all.

My suggestion is to look at the game library for both systems, and decide which library you like better and which games you want to play now. Look at metacritic/gamerscoreranking and see the games that score >85% for both consoles, as they are all superb games. Buy that system 1st. If you really need to play the games from the other system as well, then latter on get the other system as well. Factor in the cost of 5-6 games at least on top of the cost of the system and decide if you can afford it. I always remind people that if you wanted to play any multiplatform game (Fallout, CoD, star wars, GTA, FF, etc, etc, etc), the MINIMAL cost will be $200 for the Xbox Arcade, and $400 for the cheapest PS3. The games play almost the same on both consoles. If you can borrow games from your friends, then you will be able to save on the cost of games.

If the only thing that mattered to you was price and games the 360 is hands down the winner. If all your friends have a PS3 then its a no brainer. PS3 all the way!

Wii :)
Nah jk get a ps3 since you won't be paying for an online service.

Get a 360. More and better games, even 3rd party games get a higher review scores than the PS3. There's also more people to play online. If you want a Blu-ray player then got to walmart since they are selling them for $128.