By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When did you buy your latest Wii-game?

StarcraftManiac said:
Vil3 said:
Guitar Hero: World Tour 5 days ago...before that i picked up RE:Umbrella some weeks ago

Guitar Hero: WT sounds awesome too! I loved part 3 on the Wii, but can you buy just the 'box' version... So that you only get the disc and use your own GH3 guitar?! Or is it really an addition to the gameplay to have drums etc... Damn, what's holding me back on this one is that I don't want my room to be stuffed with a full band-set up for myself! It looks so sad!

Drums and singing part is an entirely different experience and ya may like it and you may not.  I'd suggest though to most people to just stick guitar... for any music game haha.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
TomaTito said:
I've gotten both Wii Music and We Cheer for Xmas. Got some on my list to get, but I don't have much time to play lately (even to come here to the forum), so they will come next year whenever time becomes available again.

we might have to take away your man card...

that deeply disturbs me... it sounds like you're going to do "bad things" to him... like that obviously not gay scene in FF7 where Cloud was getting raped by that man... yeah you know the one...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Zucas said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Tales Of Symphonia 2 sounds good! Have to look into that! But I might just play the first one first. For the rest, I'm in highschool and only work a few hours a week so I don't have a lot of money to spend! So I can't buy all the games that sound 'rather good' like Rayman TV party games or Castlevania Judgement or Shaun White for example... So I'm only narrowing it down to 'what is REALLY worth my buck'... And that leaves zero to none games available in the coming month, sadly! Since ToS2 isn't coming out here until mid 2009... *Curse you Namco, it ain't that hard to ship Tales 2 to Europe*!

haha yes ToS 2 is very very good.  I'm addicted to it right now.  Took me a few playthroughs too but in the last 2 days I've played for 12 hrs of the game haha. 

And yea there's a lot I want to get too and it's not the money its the Wii Fit haha.  I want Skate It and possibly Shaun White but god damnit I need a balance board haha.

Haha, GL on getting WiiFit these days! It wouldn't surprise me if these things go for like 2x the retailprice with the shortages and Black Friday coming up! Shaun and Skate It sound pretty fun with the BBoard... But they both got really mixed reviews (as in 8's and 2's :-S)

THE NETHERLANDS

MaxwellGT2000 said:
nordlead said:
TomaTito said:
I've gotten both Wii Music and We Cheer for Xmas. Got some on my list to get, but I don't have much time to play lately (even to come here to the forum), so they will come next year whenever time becomes available again.

that deeply disturbs me... it sounds like you're going to do "bad things" to him... like that obviously not gay scene in FF7 where Cloud was getting raped by that man... yeah you know the one...

You can't rape the willing.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I just downloaded World of Goo a week or two ago.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
nordlead said:
TomaTito said:

You can't rape the willing.

You're right on that part... Cloud would take it from any dude he can get it from...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I finally purchased Fire Emblem last Saturday and I'm going to buy GH:WT as soon as I can actually find a copy available in a store.

@thread, wow this got off topic quick

Since Smash Bros, the only game i've bought is de Blob, a very very cool game...

I wanted to buy one or two games each month from september to december, but i'll keep my money for some excellent 2009 releases... the only exception will be World of Goo, when it will be available in december in Europe...

I still like my Wii, i play it a lot, and my Wii games have given me a lot of fun, but for sure, Wii's holiday season line-up is weak, very weak when you like highly creative games...

But if a really good game takes a minimum of two years to be made, i imagine the actual 3rd party line-up began just after Wii's launch, when all the gaming community allatoyahs told everyone "Wii's just a fad and will never last"... so the uncertainty, and the lack of commitment and investment...

Most of the actual Wii games are poor cash-ins and sometimes small budget "ok games", but these are only the first attempts to really get the Wii hardware and all the new gameplay possibilities...

Next year, the quality will rise, and i can wait...

And i surely won't blame Nintendo, but rather all these 3rd parties playin it too safe, provin' day after day that a large part of this industry is just unimaginative and totally worthless... big corporations with no soul, and all their money on "super-hyper" PS3 projects, which will finally get hardly profitable... many didn't want the Wii to win for that reason only... and now, they'll have to deal with Wii's success anyway...

And i'll see if their future games are worth my precious money and my always too limited gaming budget... there's no room for everyone in my budget, and if i may rent a "so-so" or "just ok" game, i'll never buy it full price, maybe cheaper in second-hand then... but full price, for me, is for masterpieces only...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Sunday, i bought Mario Kart Wii :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I bought de Blob a couple of days after it came out. I also picked up Boom Blox along with it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)