By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the biggest achievement you've ever accomplished in a video game?

disolitude said:
Beat Battletoads...without game genie.

Crowns winner of thread!!!!!

Battletoads is tougher than anything.  I consider myself to be a pretty prolific gamer and have beaten many hard games back in the day (Ninja Gaiden 1,2, and 3 on NES, Contra without using any power ups and without dying once, beat Ghosts and Goblins, beat Blaster Master, to name a few)  But no mater how hard I tried I could not beat Battletaods!  I would die on the level where you have to beat the rat down to the bottom.

My personal best would have to be beating Viewtiful Joe on Gamecube on the hardest difficulty setting.  You unlock Captain Blue as a playalbe character.  The hardest setting is especially difficult because the enemies don't give you warning if an attack is going to be low or high.  Plus you lose a lot of health whenever you get hit; boss fights must be done near flawlessly.  Anybody looking for a challenge should give it a try, I dare you!

Around the Network

Oh, yeah, I remembered another one, I was pretty pleased with myself when I managed to beat the 30 levels of Puzzle Bobble without losing once.
Not a great achievement, but good enough for my ego