By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just how powerful is the new PlayStation 3?

That's great BUT...

1. Imagine gluing a Playstation 1 to a Playstation 2. Now double that amount of power. Now subtract the power of a Super Nintendo and you have a rough estimate of how powerful this thing is.

Unless I miss my guess, that's not even Wii power.

Around the Network

What a funny thread

DonWii said:

Heheheh... I know how you REALLY sell a PS3 on ebay...

Hope that made you ROFL.

It could have been worse ... he could have been selling a Wii!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The ps3 is so cool it can play almost every ps1 and ps2 games and it looks better on the ps3 than on the ps2!!!! Oh wait this is a sarcasm thread..

mM

funny shit...

beating a hooker in gta on a ps3 is better than beating a hooker in real life

Around the Network

You forgot the three most important things about the PS3.

The PS3 can strike bank accounts in their weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

It also has incredible real-time weapon charging for 599 US dollars.

And RIIIIIDGE RACER! Remember that one?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I have another one...

The PS3 is so powerful that it can turn Sony executives into mindless vegetables.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PS3 is so powerful that it can survive a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris.

The 80gig is so powerful its too powerful to even play PS and PS2 games. Lol.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)