By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just how powerful is the new PlayStation 3?

"Talladega Nights staring John C. Reily." Timeless humor.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Amazing post! HAHAHAHAH Couldn't stop laughing. You just made my minute.

Watch this video: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/humor/ps3-adwatch-this-is-how-you-sell-a-console-258401.php

PS3 is so powerful, it counted to infinity, twice!

Scientists have estimated that the power given off during the 'big bang' is equal to 1PS3CP (one ps3 cell processor)

WiteoutKing said:
1. This thread is awesome. I laughed so hard.

2. Probability is not a dimension, nor can it be.

Probability may not be a dimension, but I know the PS3 cell processor contains 6 newly created dimensions, one if which has been labeled 'Dimention KAG' (Kick ass graphics) by scientists.

Around the Network

Some people wear Superman pajamas, Superman wears PS3 pajamas.

I'd like to think that so-called "parallel universes" exist, and so I could go to Central Park in universe 1, 2 or 1337. That's kind of like probability, as parallel universes are formed by probabilistic events.

On a serious note, there are only three things that can defeat a PS3: Chuck Norris, The Apocalypse and Sony design decisions.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Rofl :D

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lmao this thread make my day lol

Sqrl said:
Game_boy said:
The fourth dimension doesn't have to be time. It could be probability or, like the Playstation 3 uses its GPU for, chicken nuggets.

Ok, sure it doesn't have to be time...but in no way could it be probability or chicken nuggets. Neither of those two things can contain the 3 spacial dimensions.

Basically in order for something to be a new dimension it needs to be able to contain every X, Y, Z at any given point along its axis.  So for example, at any given point in time there exists every point in space.  So as a result any location is not accurately defined by just X, Y, Z but also requires T. 

I can illustrate this by saying "Meet me in Central Park NY City, at the yellow bench just inside the southeast entrance." which is an X, Y, Z coordinate.  To which you would probably reply "When?" which is your way of asking for the T coordinate.  Your question is valid because at every point in time there exists the space that is currently occupied by Central Park.  So I might answer your question with "Tomorrow at noon". In any case all of this information gives you the exact location in space-time we are to meet which is defined by the coordinate quadruplet (X, Y, Z, T).

What if someone paints the bench blue?

Just screwing with you... already know about the dimensions.