By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: The Wii Isn't An Online Connected Platform

Recently EDGE magazine (via CUBED) conducted an interview with Microsoft's VP of the Interactive Entertainment Business. The VP, Chris Lewis, had a discussion on how the Wii is not a direct competitor with the Xbox 360. While sounding quite condescending, he mentions that it (according to his standards) "Isn't an online connected platform," and for the hundredth time "isn't high definition."  

He then went on to mention how the Xbox 360 can cover a wider audience, because of its superior online service, and diversity of games. He ends by saying that the Xbox Live service is the heart of a 360.

Around the Network

Omg the VP is trolling the Wii! Ban him quick! >_> /s

Kinda late there, aren't you buddy?

Pixel Art can be fun.

It is true that Xbox live is awesome and the Wii online service (free!) isn't really on par. But, with MKWii and recently COD:WAW (which I was one of the few to prucchase on the Wii), I have really loved the online experience proposed by Nintendo; online is a real part of games and brings a lot to the games that use it intelligently.

And of course WiiWare and VC have been great.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=50344&page=6

Too late

360 Tag - narfwack

Around the Network

I'm bored i wish there where some games to play. oh well i think i'll troll online about my console that i should be playing.

How's that stereo sound Wii GHIII patch coming along?
Online console, getting game updates should be no problem.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Gotta love M$ lack of brains. Lucky they have a shit load of monies!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Tyrannical said:

Um... DUDE, they sent those replacement discs out over 8 months ago...

:P

L.C.E.C. said:
Tyrannical said:

Um... DUDE, they sent those replacement discs out over 8 months ago...

:P

That was the point, they had to send replacement discs.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire