By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Owner!

Aye, finally picked up my own console (AKA went shopping with someone who owed me money). As an unusual twist, I now require a TV before I can play with the Wii however. Most likely easier to find though.

This post primarily was attention whoring, but also a semi update on Wii sales for my location. 50 were shipped to the Wal-mart  where I went today, and I bought the 40th. Sadly, I forgot at the time to buy a recharge station, but as stated above, that's not my biggest concern. Also, it was 278 Canadian, which is sadly overr the current currency rates from American, assuming they still cost 250 there. Still fairly high demand, though no one lined up on a thursday it seems. And they used to be 299.

Luckily my paycheques come in soon, so I can actually buy a TV then something more to play on it. Till then, I own a box.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

What kind of TV are you going to get?

As cheap as possible. I also owe rent.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Get Zelda?

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

I picked up Resident Evil 4 cause I never played the gamecube version and it was cheap. I thought I would hate that they replaced mindless villagers over zombies but about 2 hours into the game, I'm kinda getting into it. Zombies are still better. I was worried at first but I am now happy with my purchase.

Around the Network

The go for craigslist or kijiji. I just got a 32 inch tv for CAN$75. I wanted it mainly for the wii, so I was looking for the cheapest price.

It is not easy to find these great offers, but if you look all the time, there is a higher chance for you to get it.

New Wii owner ?

Go buy immediatly Zelda, Mario Strikers, Paper Mario and RE 4.
Go rent somes games like Trauma Center or Elebits just for the fun to try something different.

And really important !!!!!

Go Pre-order Metroid, Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy when you have the occasion.

That's all a Wii owner can said to an other.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

I am now a wii fan!!!! Yea!! I love the wii!!!

mM
leo-j said:
I am now a wii fan!!!! Yea!! I love the wii!!!

Who are you and what you did to leo?! 

Some here may try to direct you towards Red Steel. Don't do it. Don't even rent it.

gamer9851's list is solid.