By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you smoke, or have ever tried Marijuana?

stof said:
So, what are the best movies to get high to. I know some people like comedies, but I'd rather watch a good genre flick and use the weed to really take it in.

Serenity, Jurassic Park, Batman Begins and Sunshine were all fantastic high. It's got to be a good film though. I once got stuck watching Armageddon high and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It really brought out the badness of that film.

I like watching scary movies high.  2001 is supposed to be phenomenal when you are high.

American Psycho is pretty freaky when you are stoned.

And Seinfeld is even better when you are high, and I already consider it to be one of the best shows ever made.  I get hysterical when I watch that show and I am stoned.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Sure there is.  It slows bloodflow in your brain.  Did you read the article i posted?  It's not going to "kill" you.  But it will lower your performance in everyday life if you smoke as little as 2 joints a week.

Not while your high mind you.... but up to a whole month after you did it.

Which is fine.  If you don't plan to do your job for an entire month.  However if you do....

It puts you at a bigger disadvantage then even a drug like cocaine where you can control when you feel the effects of it.

So unless your smoking significantly less then 2 joints a week.... it's worse off for "controlled' use where your responsible then most other drugs.

It ain't bad if your a highschool/college student, and lightly use during the summer.  But in the real world it's going to negativly effect you even with light use.

Isn't "lowers performance permanently until at least a month after you quit" a bit of a negative that is a bit harder to control then most legal drugs?

So then why is alcohol legal?  I can show you just as much evidence and just as many studies (and probably more) that it causes severe harm to your daily performance skills if abused and causes permanent damage to both your mind and your body.  I'm not saying that marijuana doesn't have adverse side effects, but none of those side effects are bad enough to justify alcohol being legal and marijuana being illegal.

I can show you studies where video games increase aggression in people, and thousands of studies where foods high in saturated fat and trans fat literally destroy your body and will take 20 years off your life.  A poor diet also decreases your functionality on a daily basis by making you more fatigued, less mentally acute, and more likely to get sick and suffer other kinds of injuries.  Should we make going to McDonalds' illegal?  I can show you thousands of studies that suggest we should based on your type of analysis.

You are bringing up completely valid arguments, but none of those arguments for why marijuana is harmful to the human body are stronger than the arguments for why alcohol and fatty foods are harmful to the human body.  I'm just asking for an objective standard that we apply to everything.  If that means making alcohol illegal, then so be it.  At least we are being consistent.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Kasz216 said:

Sure there is.  It slows bloodflow in your brain.  Did you read the article i posted?  It's not going to "kill" you.  But it will lower your performance in everyday life if you smoke as little as 2 joints a week.

Not while your high mind you.... but up to a whole month after you did it.

Which is fine.  If you don't plan to do your job for an entire month.  However if you do....

It puts you at a bigger disadvantage then even a drug like cocaine where you can control when you feel the effects of it.

So unless your smoking significantly less then 2 joints a week.... it's worse off for "controlled' use where your responsible then most other drugs.

It ain't bad if your a highschool/college student, and lightly use during the summer.  But in the real world it's going to negativly effect you even with light use.

Isn't "lowers performance permanently until at least a month after you quit" a bit of a negative that is a bit harder to control then most legal drugs?

So then why is alcohol legal?  I can show you just as much evidence and just as many studies (and probably more) that it causes severe harm to your daily performance skills if abused and causes permanent damage to both your mind and your body.  I'm not saying that marijuana doesn't have adverse side effects, but none of those side effects are bad enough to justify alcohol being legal and marijuana being illegal.

I can show you studies where video games increase aggression in people, and thousands of studies where foods high in saturated fat and trans fat literally destroy your body and will take 20 years off your life.  A poor diet also decreases your functionality on a daily basis by making you more fatigued, less mentally acute, and more likely to get sick and suffer other kinds of injuries.  Should we make going to McDonalds' illegal?  I can show you as many or more studies that suggest we should based on your type of analysis.

You are bringing up completely valid arguments, but none of those arguments for why marijuana is harmful to the human body are stronger than the arguments for why alcohol and fatty foods are harmful to the human body.  I'm just asking for an objective standard that we apply to everything.  If that means making alcohol illegal, then so be it.  At least we are being consistent.

Yeah i specifially said "Self medication" there.  Was just throwing it out there.

As for the "It shouldn't be illegal" thing.

Well duh.  I'm actually farther on the make drugs legal track then you.  I'm with Rubang on that one.  Make freaking Heroin legal for all i care. (remember libretarian... well who wants universal government run healthcare.)

Taking drugs used to be considered a constitutional right.  It was once thought... and ruled in the supreme court that we have the right to put anything we want in our bodies.

The point though is that people should be educated about the shit Marijuana does do negativly.

For example some of this shit could actually effect you and your career drug tested or not if you smoked as little as two joints a week.  Which really isn't that much.

Whether or not it's more dangerous then Achohol is argueable.  They're probably both around the same level of danger in everything all things considered.

It's not that Marijuana isn't dangerous it's achohol is a lot more dangerous then people think.  So are cars.  They're tons of metal propelled at speeds faster then people can walk.  Responsible use for all drugs is fine.  It's just a matter of being informed about them.

Absolutely. Social education is a way more effective means of preventing drug abuse than just making it illegal. People under 18, for instance, used to smoke tobacco all the time, and now it is much more uncommon because of all the information out there about how harmful it is.

There is essentially an NDA on marijuana and people aren't exposed to much good information about the drug or even information about the drug coming from sources who aren't blatantly misleading the public. Keeping it illegal simply keeps people in the dark and actually encourages abuse of the drug rather than discourages it since people don't have the information to make informed decisions.

Kasz, I'm not at the point where I would say that heroin, the opiates, and many other types of drugs are illegal, but I'm definitely for legalizing a large percentage of currently illegal drugs, especially those that you can't overdose on and don't cause much if any bodily harm, like almost all hallucinogens.

akuma587 said:
Absolutely. Social education is a way more effective means of preventing drug abuse than just making it illegal. People under 18, for instance, used to smoke tobacco all the time, and now it is much more uncommon because of all the information out there about how harmful it is.

There is essentially an NDA on marijuana and people aren't exposed to much good information about the drug or even information about the drug coming from sources who aren't blatantly misleading the public. Keeping it illegal simply keeps people in the dark and actually encourages abuse of the drug rather than discourages it since people don't have the information to make informed decisions.

Kasz, I'm not at the point where I would say that heroin, the opiates, and many other types of drugs are illegal, but I'm definitely for legalizing a large percentage of currently illegal drugs, especially those that you can't overdose on and don't cause much if any bodily harm, like almost all hallucinogens.

Yeah, for my stance on most issues, there is an easy test to follow.

"Can this thing i'm about to do physically hurt someone else."

If the answer is no.  I'm for it being legal.

Around the Network

I only smoke shisha now, but I used to like weed, however about a year after getting into it I started to like the feeling less and less, now depending on the strain I can feel the blood rushing around my body and I just sit there concentrating on it doing nothing sociable. So I only smoke on rare occasions when my mind set is perfect. (basically once a year at reading festival on the first night)

Anybody a hookah fan?

yep i smoke marijuana .... it is great man also getting high before taking a test helps me concentrate

Yes, I also smoke (at least when I had a supply)

WessleWoggle said:
akuma587 said:
Anybody a hookah fan?

My friend Adam had one but it clogged all the time.

clogged? with what??? I clean mine before every use so it tastes pure.