By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you smoke, or have ever tried Marijuana?

zexen_lowe said:
ctk495 said:
Never try never will.I'm currently dealing with another bad habit it's called m.....

Ménage-à-trois?

On topic, never have smoked, never have tried any drugs

It was actually making fun of little kids if they get hurt....

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
zexen_lowe said:
ctk495 said:
Never try never will.I'm currently dealing with another bad habit it's called m.....

Ménage-à-trois?

On topic, never have smoked, never have tried any drugs

It was actually making fun of little kids if they get hurt....

Yeah, sure...

I wasn't expecting you to be addicted...though after Soriku...anything can happen

Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
If you haven't smoke marijuana before, you are seriously missing out. Its better than alcohol, and safer than alcohol. And I say that as a person who has been a straight A student his whole life. 4.0 in high school, 4.0 in college under a tough Honors program.

I don't really smoke anymore since I will be working a government job over the summer (drug testing targets marijuana since it stays in your system so long), but I would definitely smoke if I didn't have to worry about drug testing.

Eh... safer but still... it has a lot of problems.

I have a few friends who screwed up theier lives over "just" weed.

If you start doing it like semidaily it really can cause some negative effects for most people... that remain permanent.

So like, while you could make sure you avoid most of the negative effects of achohol at work... you couldn't avoid the negative effects of weed.

I've seen video games destroy as many peoples lives as marijuana.  WoW alone has derailed as many of my friends 'lives as marijuana has, and I know a lot of people who smoke weed.

You can screw up your life on just about anything.  I completely agree that marijuana has ruined some people's lives, but they allowed it to happen.  Alcohol could easily do the same thing.  Hell, eating too much food or working too much and ruining your family life could do it as well.

There just isn't enough that distinguishes marijuana from any other kind of addiction compared to drugs like cocaine and heroin to justify all the stigma around it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

never have, and since I get piss tested like 1 a month most likely never will.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

4 straight years through college. It's a miracle I graduated. Fortunately I only do it about a once every two months or so now so I'm no longer retarded.

Around the Network

So, what are the best movies to get high to. I know some people like comedies, but I'd rather watch a good genre flick and use the weed to really take it in.

Serenity, Jurassic Park, Batman Begins and Sunshine were all fantastic high. It's got to be a good film though. I once got stuck watching Armageddon high and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It really brought out the badness of that film.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

akuma587 said:
Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
If you haven't smoke marijuana before, you are seriously missing out. Its better than alcohol, and safer than alcohol. And I say that as a person who has been a straight A student his whole life. 4.0 in high school, 4.0 in college under a tough Honors program.

I don't really smoke anymore since I will be working a government job over the summer (drug testing targets marijuana since it stays in your system so long), but I would definitely smoke if I didn't have to worry about drug testing.

If you start doing it like semidaily it really can cause some negative effects for most people... that remain permanent.

So like, while you could make sure you avoid most of the negative effects of achohol at work... you couldn't avoid the negative effects of weed.

I've seen video games destroy as many peoples lives as marijuana.  WoW alone has derailed as many of my friends 'lives as marijuana has, and I know a lot of people who smoke weed.

You can screw up your life on just about anything.  I completely agree that marijuana has ruined some people's lives, but they allowed it to happen.  Alcohol could easily do the same thing.  Hell, eating too much food or working too much and ruining your family life could do it as well.

There just isn't enough that distinguishes marijuana from any other kind of addiction compared to drugs like cocaine and heroin to justify all the stigma around it.

Sure there is.  It slows bloodflow in your brain.  Did you read the article i posted?  It's not going to "kill" you.  But it will lower your performance in everyday life if you smoke as little as 2 joints a week.

Not while your high mind you.... but up to a whole month after you did it.

Which is fine.  If you don't plan to do your job for an entire month.  However if you do....

It puts you at a bigger disadvantage then even a drug like cocaine where you can control when you feel the effects of it.

So unless your smoking significantly less then 2 joints a week.... it's worse off for "controlled' use where your responsible then most other drugs.

It ain't bad if your a highschool/college student, and lightly use during the summer.  But in the real world it's going to negativly effect you even with light use.

Isn't "lowers performance permanently until at least a month after you quit" a bit of a negative that is a bit harder to control then most legal drugs?

yeah i smoke a tens probably once every two months. ppl im my group do it week-in-week-out. havent done so in a while coz im a bit strapped for cash. also a drug dealer got shot near to where i live 3 days ago so police are on high alert.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

WessleWoggle said:
Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:

Sure there is.  It slows bloodflow in your brain.  Did you read the article i posted?  It's not going to "kill" you.  But it will lower your performance in everyday life if you smoke as little as 2 joints a week.

Not while your high mind you.... but up to a whole month after you did it.

Which is fine.  If you don't plan to do your job for an entire month.  However if you do....

It puts you at a bigger disadvantage then even a drug like cocaine where you can control when you feel the effects of it.

So unless your smoking significantly less then 2 joints a week.... it's worse off for "controlled' use where your responsible then most other drugs.

It ain't bad if your a highschool/college student, and lightly use during the summer.  But in the real world it's going to negativly effect you even with light use.

Isn't "lowers performance permanently until at least a month after you quit" a bit of a negative that is a bit harder to control then most legal drugs?

First off, it says "permanently until at least a month after you quit". Doesn't permanent mean forever? Bad wording.

Who cares if it affects you if you can barely tell the difference. The only thing that's changed about me permanatly after starting weed that I notice is...

It lowered my basic math skills, although it's getting less worse over time, as it should. I read this article on a pro-weed website on how about the tests don't provide accurate results for heavy-long-time weed smokers, because they're body builds up a defence against the negative effects of toxins in weed, which new tests subjects don't have.

Fuzzier memory, although, since you can train your memory, isn't a problem. If weed damages your memory bad enough you can always do memory exercises. But it's not like you can't remember stuff. It only takes longer and you have to think slightly different. This effect also goes away over time though, It rarely happens to me anymore.

Fuzzier concept of time - It moves slower. I fail to see how me perceiving time to be slower is a bad thing though. Still, this effect does not happen to me at all anymore.

More open mind and sexuality. Being stoned makes me be able to think deeper into many things. I think weed has increased my understanding of the world by a great amount. I wouldn't understand things like homosexuality and religion as I do now. I would still be a heterosexual atheist. Now I'm a bisexual deist.

Lungs that are black pits of tar. But 99% of the time I can' tell, only when I get a sharp feeling.

Yeah... that wasn't testing new smokers... it even mentioend it in the article.

Aside from which, they only tested it for a month, so it's unsure of how long it'll be in your system.

Now lets bring up these problems you mentioned yourself... as permanent problems they could pose problems for a lot of jobs.

For example, Akuma wants to be a lawyer.  A lot of that stuff could be quite bad for a lawyer no?  Not being able to remember memorized case history right away?  Not being quick enough to reaact to someting that's out of line and the jury shouldn't hear?  In general not having to reach for words when talking rather then making a smooth confident speach?

The coordination problems it can cause can last up to 24 hours and you wouldn't even know it... not great for driving an hour or two after you think your high is done.

There's also general reports that teenagers who smoke marijuana are actually  MORE likely to cause violent behavior on a general basis, i'd lay dollars to donuts that one is more a case of self medication.

This is really shit people should know.

If you wanna do some drugs just get yourself some Salvia and make sure someone is around if you have a bad trip.

As for you... ever think you can't tell anymore because, as you say yourself... your high like all the time? Your a heavy user, as far as we know the shit that's been done to your brain doesn't wear off. It doesn't after at least a month according to that report.

Have you ever been not high for over a month?