By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the ps3 hit 5 million sold?

by the 20th of october

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Whatever week GTA comes out.

End of September.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Mid-October.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

steven787 said:
I am going to be optimistic and say last week of september/first week of october. 8-9 weeks. I think sales will pick up with all those games.

According to your signature your predicting that from november december and late october the ps3 will only sell 1 million units?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
steven787 said:
I am going to be optimistic and say last week of september/first week of october. 8-9 weeks. I think sales will pick up with all those games.

According to your signature your predicting that from november december and late october the ps3 will only sell 1 million units?

Yeah that's not happening.

PS3 will end up somewhere between 7 (this was what I believed before the price cut happened) and 8 (this is what I believe after the price cut happened) million by the end of this year worldwide.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Friday 28th September. 110k per week Average WW til then...

Considering sales are trending downwards in the US and Japan had a big sales bump because of HSG5 I don't think the 100k/week is a good estimation of PS3 sales in the coming 2 months. New software should prevent it from falling down too much, but I think it will take until the end of october for PS3 to reach 5M.

koffieboon said:
Considering sales are trending downwards in the US and Japan had a big sales bump because of HSG5 I don't think the 100k/week is a good estimation of PS3 sales in the coming 2 months. New software should prevent it from falling down too much, but I think it will take until the end of october for PS3 to reach 5M.

I think your wrong about the highlighted part, before hsg5 was released the ps3 has been near 100k monthly around 80k, but the price drop has held it steady from above 40k, its been staying like that for the past 4 weeks. I think it might stay at 100k weekly, with that new bundle in europe.

mM

Yeah what you said (leo-j) plus Leipzig Game Show(And hopefull/wishfull price drop for Europe).