By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the ps3 hit 5 million sold?

I am going to be optimistic and say last week of september/first week of october. 8-9 weeks. I think sales will pick up with all those games.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

2nd week of october...dont think anyone has said that yet, strangely, [someone said 14th, which is probably the same thing].
by then Wii will be close to, if not past 13 million.

@ steven

lol i like your sig.... google is going to rule the world in the next 20 years :)

I wanted to say late October

but In fact, I will say early October... 1 st week

Time to Work !

i will say december 1st week

Around the Network

late september is my guess. I have a feeling that if the 60gb aren't sold out by then, there will be reports of stores starting to run out of them which will in turn cause many potential PS3 owners to rush out and buy up before they are stuck with a non-ee machine. Also this will be due to those who are just waiting to buy until GTA4 and other games come out. :)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Well that's one troll down.

It's hard to say, I'm not sure how long the PS3's sales spree will last. The combination of the PS3 80Gb launch / Everybody's golf / and continued hype from the 100 dollar price drop made this week a dynamite one for the PS3, but I'd can't even predict where this will go.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

October 1st week

Awwww heck, making predictions is just too irresistable. If the PS3 continues with 110k a week we'll see 5 million by the first week of October without a doubt. but if it doesn't keep up that steam we may have to wait as late as November before we see 5 million.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

First Week of October

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."