By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Week Ending Nov 29th Predictions (Black Friday Week)

Tyrannical said:
Wii 650k
360 475 k
PS3 275 k

I hope that this is just a NA prediction... otherwise it is a pretty sucky prediction. The Will will sell more than 750k in NA Black friday week. I did like 450k last year on BF week, and it has like no supply at all.... This whole week I have seen stores getting massive shipments....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

^---- No, that's WW. I'm predicting on the lower side for the week.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

The Wii is not going to sell over a million units in NA.

Black Friday or no Black Friday, it's not going to sell that well

Even if there was a shortage last year, you really think the Wii will sell TRIPLE what it sold a year ago?

These are my predictions for WW:

Wii: 1100k (1.1 million)
360: 600k
PS3: 450k

WOW, I only just saw this week's sales for the Wii.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I dont really want to break it down to individual areas. So I'll give my WW predicts.

Wii = 1.06mill

360 = 685,000

PS3 = 390,000

Everyone keep in mind that the Wii will sell over a million in this week just coming in, so for it to sell less than a million for BF week would be a decrease from this week

ie you are incorrect

Around the Network

you guys can get $199 360 with extra controller and 20gb hard drive from circuit city, 360 sales will be crazy for BF