By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Week Ending Nov 29th Predictions (Black Friday Week)

Others- Will not see the insane week, but nethertheless increased sales will come. as we near Cmas.

Wii- 500k I think it will crack the half million mark next week.

360- 265k  360 will continue to see great sales, and if it continues, maybe some shortages out there.

PS3- 160k Sale pick up, good sales, just not keeping pace with the other 2 though....

NA- This is where all hell breaks loose, Last year Black Friday week was the 2nd biggest week in NA, or I so believe.

Wii- 1.1 million   Call me crazy, Nintendo has a ton of Wiis for sale, and people want them (just see the consumer report Fishyjoe posted the other day)

360- 320k Nice sales, but nothing earth shattering.

PS3- 210k Meh, Price tag is killing in NA with the recession.

Japan- The holiday rush is a tad shorter there, so this will be the first week we see thing heat up a bit.

Wii-90k meh

PS3- 35k meh meh

360- 20k not bad for 360 in Japan.

Total

Wii- 1.69   (ungodly)

360- 605k (very sexy)

PS3- 405k (not terrible, but compared to other 2 consoles)

Now, I think that this week will suck all of the wind out of the Wii, and supply will be very short for next week, will struggle to reach 700k.... but it should rebound after that. The Wii have 3-4 1000k+ weeks this year. Look for the Wii to set the single week record the Week before Cmas.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Good predictions. Think there was a prediction thread for the rest of this year but haven't seen it updated for a while. Would love to see it now. Had a feeling predictors were highballing the Wii. (Pretty sure i saw a couple of 2m weeks.) After these crazy others numbers this week i would find it interesting to see if this week has been highballed.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

There is no reason for the Wii to be selling that much in Japan. They don't have Black Friday, it's just a normal week for them. All your Japan numbers are probably too high.

well, japan is such a small part of the prediction is is really neglitable... I mean last year the Wii sold 75k the same week, so ya, maybe 75k is the ceiling for the Wii... The PS3 and 360 are not off by more than 5k imo at most. Also there is no black friday in others, that is why is just continued the growth we saw in this weeks numbers.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

not completely insane

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

That seems a little too high, but as the past couple of weeks have shown, anything can happen, so we should expect the unexpected.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think this is probably what the numbers will be:

Wii: 850k

360: 545k

PS3: 500k

Thats just my prediction

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

wii 1,180,528 ww

xbox 360 762,639 ww

ps3 411,482 ww

wii - 1,100,000 ww

xbox 360 - 650,000 ww

ps3 - 390,000 ww

Wii 650k
360 475 k
PS3 275 k

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire