By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii momentum is.....SCARY

Yeah we all know how well the Wii is selling, even in the "slow" summer months. But, stop and think about it:

How many BIG cards do Nintendo have in their hand just waiting: 

Metroid Prime, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy... is not out yet.

WiiFit... is not out yet.

Possible 50$ price cut? (next summer or something...)

Third parties are just now getting the clue. 

and yet the Wii worldwide average is gonna be what 1.2-1.3 million a month THIS YEAR?

Does anybody else think that Wii could sell more than 2 million units per month (worldwide year average) in 2008?

I know it sounds totally impossible but....... 

(And somewhat unrelated, does anybody else think 250$ is a *bit* high for the Wii? I mean, don't get me wrong, its not expensive, but I do think 200$ is THE perfect price for Wii...) 

Around the Network

On average, yes. But every month? No. I do think the Wii is likely to sell 15-20 million consoles next year, yes. There's very little reason for it not to, as that follows all historical trends.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

No, I don't mean every month, just monthly average for the whole year. I think 15 million is a very easy number for next year, I was thinking in the neighborhood of 25.

yeah...15-25 million units worldwide is what I expect considering how Nintendo is bringing more of its software out..and sales are going to skyrocket like crazy when those games come out....O_O

cansan said:
No, I don't mean every month, just monthly average for the whole year. I think 15 million is a very easy number for next year, I was thinking in the neighborhood of 25.

WTF?!?!?!?!?! How is the wii going to sell 25 million if we might not even see nintendo make 25million wii's next year, or your saying total sales would be 25million. There is a way to break that trend, it all depends on what sony does.

mM
Around the Network

Selling this well and Nintendo is still holding all the cards. And, it hasn't even reached the $200 sweet spot.

The next few years are going to be really interesting, especially with Patcher predicting a WiiHD "coming soon" and Anti-Wii fanatics yelling "It will stop selling" with every year that passes by.

I wonder how many Wiis they would sell if they were to release a well done Pokemon MMORPG

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

As I said, it *sounds* impossible.

But Wii has already done a lot of things which were "impossible".

Yeah, the biggest unknown is production, yet Nintendo raised their forecast for FY 2007 to 16.5 million units? Considering that the FY started in April (?) when they were producing ~1 million a month, and they are gonna average 16.5/12 = 1.375 million/month for FY 2007.

Just something to think about...

I wonder how many Wiis they would sell if they were to release a well done Pokemon MMORPG

Hmmm I say about 5 more million Wiis would be sold :)

And just for a decent console PKMN game probably 1 or 2. The sales difference between console and handheld pokemon is veery big. Abput 5m vs 3m.

Maybe someday Nintendo will partner with Blizzard or one of those MMO devs. Who knows, maybe they already are doing that with Nexon :)

It's too hard to tell how many wii's will be sold each month, but i'm going to guess its not more then right now. Reports already have it easy to find in most European countries and their are reports of more and more people seeing it at stores accross NA and Japan.