By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Price drop CONFIRMED!! Q1 2009

Looks like the rumors were TRUE!! The PS3 is getting a price cut Feb. 11th of 09!  As discussed in the article linked below, one of the head designers of 'Home' has hinted of a "new SKU that will be priced in the '$300' range to be released in parallel with Home's official launch."

http://www.psu.com/PS3-price-drop-to-hit-early-2009-News--a0006780-p0.php

The price cut sound great for the PS3 in 2009, but even better, we have a launch date for Home!!!!

Around the Network

Dead link. Troll thread. Read no further.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Please put BC back in please put BC back in please put BC back in...

PS4Life said:

Looks like the rumors were TRUE!! The PS3 is getting a price cut Feb. 11th of 09!  As discussed in the article linked below, one of the head designers of 'Home' has hinted of a "new SKU that will be priced in the '$300' range to be released in parallel with Home's official launch."

http://www.psu.com/PS3-price-drop-to-hit-early-2009-News--a0006780-p0.php

The price cut sound great for the PS3 in 2009, but even better, we have a launch date for Home!!!!

TWO MORE YEARS TO GO!!!

Around the Network

it would be nice if the linked worked , I can't put of a purchase of the PS3 til Q1 09 so it's not big news to me.

Great for mass market penatration if true.

Link does not work, I still don't believe these rumours

Wow that's a very late April joke
lol

These rumors will hurt holiday sales, Q1 isn't too far away for people to wait.

kowenicki said:

A new SKU?? why would anyone confirm this now... do they want to totally kill PS3 sales?

ahhh.. link doesnt work..

perhaps, if you were paid my MS to troll forums, that's exactly the point.