By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I (finally) bought a PS3 game...

The 360 version has no anti-aliasing and no mod support. The differences between the PC and the 360 versions are almost as great as the differences between the 360 and PS3 versions. BTW, the PS3 isn't any more powerful than the 360 where it counts but you can still find games that run better than the Orange Box.

Around the Network

Honestly, if you don't get any of the great exclusives for the PS3, and instead decide to solely buy one of the games most famous for being better on the 360 then it's pretty much your own fault that the PS3 isn't used much at your household.

Everything outputs at 1080P (or whatever mode you set) on Xbox because it has a hardware scaler.  I didn't realize how big a difference it made until I got ahold of a PS3 and witnessed it - the PS3 actually changes the display mode when you enter most games down to 720P.  Unless your TV has a fantastic scaler built into it, this absolutely kills the graphics.  I have a circa 2003 1080i HDTV and it doesn't do a fantastic job scaling 720P (and it can't directly draw 720P, it has to scale it) - so I suppose the experience may vary, but for me this means I will never actually own a PS3 - it looks terrible next to the Xbox for the exact same games (I rented a few when I borrowed the PS3 so I could compare.)

To be fair, most games on both platforms actually render to a 720P or slightly lower frame buffer - but the lack of a scaler on a PS3 means that the output image on a 1080i or 1080p display really, really suffers.  If I had a 720p display I suppose the PS3 would look more like the Xbox.

SamuelRSmith said:
I don't understand why you bought this, I really don't. So many other games, of the same genre, both of higher quality (on consoles) and popularity, and some even exclusive to the system.

Orange Box is shit on both consoles. 'nuff said.

I own The Orange Box for PC AND for 360. I can tell you that you should better shut up.

Just look at the Metacritic score. Nuff said

Barozi said:
SamuelRSmith said:
I don't understand why you bought this, I really don't. So many other games, of the same genre, both of higher quality (on consoles) and popularity, and some even exclusive to the system.

As I own The Orange Box for PC AND for 360. I can tell you that you should better shut up.

You should check my game collection.

Around the Network
Derixs said:

So i finally bought "The orange box" for the PS3 over the weekend. Played some Team Fortress 2, It ran in 720p and the online wasnt that great (major lag issues) so I decided to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it for the 360 version. in the 360 version this game runs in 1080p and the online experience was so much better. I thought the PS3 was suppose to be so much more powerfull than the 360?

well the manner in which u have wrote ur post points me into accusing u of a liar.....................

i used to own orange box for ps3, and team fortress worked brilliantly, 360 version is better however due to it having better room search options and the like. but overall the ps3 game is just as good.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Derixs said:
Torillian said:
Orange Box better on 360? Sweet jesus....when did this come out? I haven't known about this for since the game came out. Oh wait.....I did. Apparently you need to do more research so you won't be so "surprised"

I am not gonna waste time researching an old game when I can easily exchange it in the store. Just posting about my purchase.

That's cool, just don't expect me to waste time reading any more of your threads or posts (unless some jerk reports them and makes me read them :-p).

C8 said:

Everything outputs at 1080P (or whatever mode you set) on Xbox because it has a hardware scaler.  I didn't realize how big a difference it made until I got ahold of a PS3 and witnessed it - the PS3 actually changes the display mode when you enter most games down to 720P.  Unless your TV has a fantastic scaler built into it, this absolutely kills the graphics.  I have a circa 2003 1080i HDTV and it doesn't do a fantastic job scaling 720P (and it can't directly draw 720P, it has to scale it) - so I suppose the experience may vary, but for me this means I will never actually own a PS3 - it looks terrible next to the Xbox for the exact same games (I rented a few when I borrowed the PS3 so I could compare.)

To be fair, most games on both platforms actually render to a 720P or slightly lower frame buffer - but the lack of a scaler on a PS3 means that the output image on a 1080i or 1080p display really, really suffers.  If I had a 720p display I suppose the PS3 would look more like the Xbox.

hi alt account.

i have a 32" bravia 720p 1080i tv. and ps3 games looks superb. in fact i dont know what ur waffling on about.

i highlighted some jibberish, if u have a 1080i tv for eg. and the game is 720p, the game will run perfectly fine as 720p

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

SamuelRSmith said:
Derixs said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Well that would be your opinion on the game. Many people dont think Portal is a shit game, or Half Life 2. I bought this because if has 5 games for 19.99 and I do enjoy playing TF2...

I don't think Portal is a shit game... I love it. Half-Life 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. Those games are just shit on consoles.

Awful loadtimes, awful fps, awful controls, and TF2 is so limited compared to the PC version (lacking maps, achievements, and weapons)

You talk out of your ass.

How is Orange Box on consoles 'shit'?

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

SamuelRSmith said:
Barozi said:
SamuelRSmith said:

As I own The Orange Box for PC AND for 360. I can tell you that you should better shut up.

You should check my game collection.

I did and you should know that Valve made a great port and the controls are very good like almost every console FPS. Loading times are on the PC annoying too and I had never any problems with the framerate.

Team Fortress 2 is getting a patch which makes it equal to the PC version this christmas (no user content of course)

There is no better deal you can get for $20. 3 AAA games and 2 expansions.