By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I Finally get a DS and join the 7th gen?

And here's a comparison video of GBA SP vs. original DS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5q3p4kbxkI

Around the Network

I recommend a DSLite

And I don't see a difference for GBA games on DS and GBA. Except maybe DSLite has better speakers or something :S

4 ≈ One

okr said:
And here's a comparison video of GBA SP vs. original DS

Thanks, that really makes my decision much easier, i'll probably buy myself one for christmas. Got to give gifts to the ones you love :)

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

DS Lite is amazing, get it if you want it though.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

DS Lite is amazing, get it if you want it though.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Yes without a doubt you should.

a little off topic... but ctk, AWESOME QUOTE by Soriku. LOL!!!!!!

oh lord, I miss the times when I was a virgin and all I could think about was sex... thank GOD it didn't last that long, or imagine what kind of person I would've turned out to be. *shivers*

and yes, get a DS, at the price, it's really not much you can lose.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Definately get a DS i got it around month ago, and it has been one of my best purchases , i dont have much time to play it at the moment, but FInal Fantasy IV is absolutely epic and im loving every minute.

You should definately get a DS. I'm thinking it might drop more in price when the DSi hits the market though.

The DSLite has longer battery time/brighter screen, and looks much, MUCH better than the original DS. I've never had any problem with the size myself, but that's just me.

This is invisible text!

I would go for a DSlite if you can afford it, but other then that:

YES!!!

I game most on my DS. Touchscreen is absolutely awesome and provides some amazing games like Hotel Dusk and Professor Layton. If you're into RPGs it's the #1 platform and for most other genres it's an amazing system.

GBA games play very well.

I think every gamer should have a DS. No wait... EVERYONE should have a DS.

I would go with the DSLite unless you really can't afford the extra $20.

You get a brighter screen, and better battery life in a more compact form

price comparison
http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=ds

Note: Normally I would suggest you use the VGChartz amazon store (as you can get it like $5 cheaper), but I don't trust buying used hardware off of e-bay/amazon

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)