By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will GT5 sell as well as others or go the HSG5 way?

yo wat are you talking about people were expected sales in the 100k range, and its already in the 200k range near 300k for the month again japan only..(at least thats what I hear)And gran turismo hehehe, lets see wat other people say about that then I will comment on what I expect.

mM
Around the Network

GT will sell well, it's popular not only in Japan, but in the west too. If I had a PS3 I would be the first person on the line to buy it.

I think this question is stupid. People around here are the ones who create the hype, fanboys and such. One week and you are already judging the success or failure of a game in Japan? Please. Selling at an attach rate of 20% is nothing to snub your nose at, we will see if it continues to sell, see if it helps a bit. HSG has had little to NO hype. I dont live in Japan, but the gist of your post seems to be in general as franchises....I have yet to read an editorial on HSG, see anything on my PSN or read an extensive preview, see a commercial etc. Youre confusing "hype" with a little bubble of reality here at VGChartz forums.

HSG did very well in Japan thus far regardless of what normal folks or citizens here predicted It was a familiar franchise and successful but not groundbreaking, selling nearly 200,000 copies to an install base hovering at 1 million is pretty good.....especially when you look at the install base of the PS2 and the sales of the HSG sequals it appears to be doing rather well in terms of sales.

Personally, I don't see GT5 selling as well as GT3 or GT4 because the PS3 will not have the userbase (or be able to build the userbase at its price) to support a game that sells more than about 6 Million units ...

It will still sell amazingly well

HappySqurriel said:

Personally, I don't see GT5 selling as well as GT3 or GT4 because the PS3 will not have the userbase (or be able to build the userbase at its price) to support a game that sells more than about 6 Million units ...

It will still sell amazingly well

The game is coming out in the holiday season, but I guess your right the ps3 will have an install base around 5million by then and grow to 7 or 8million through out the holidays, maybe 3-5million units sold but not selling as well as GT4.

mM
Around the Network

GT is best-selling first party franchise Sony has, and GT 3 and 4 were the 3rd and 4th top selling of last gen.

HSG however isn't even in the same league, as far as sales, as GT.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Anyone who owns a PS3 by then is going to buy GT5, it is going to have a very high attach ratio. Well I suppose it can crack 500K first week if the PS3 has an install base of 3 million by then.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Soriku, I'm proud of you. You've gone from being an outright troll to a nice, slightly more intelligent and discreet troll.

I don't know if Gran Turismo will sell as well in NA or Japan as the other games in the series, but I see it selling extremely well in PAL, and pushing lots of units.

GT is more focused on europe and america than Japan. It will better than HGS in Japan but it's certainly no final fantasy. Gonna be a huge game in Europe, and a very big game in NA too.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

GT will sell a ton of copies anyway you look at it. And I don't know how you can call HGS an underseller. It had quite a respectable first week.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson