By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I bought a 360 just now on Amazon!! Finally took the plunge!

Gaming heaven is only a matter of hours away, Enjoy.

Around the Network

Enjoy the system, you have three great games there to start you off. I would also keep an eye on gamestop next weekend. They have there buy 2 get 1 used games deal if you want to stock up on some other titles

I have a 360 from 2006 and I still haven't had it red ring on me. The amount of hours you guys must play is frightening.

I'm starting to catch a trend here. I have been seeing a lot of "I just bought a 360" threads lately.

It's putting a smile on my face :)
Enjoy your purchase and might I add, please pick up Halo 3 so I can pwned you! :P

Nicely done! You'll get a free trial month of Xbox Live Gold, even if you only plan to sign up for the free Silver account. This way, you'll get to see why everyone who knows about Live, loves it.

Definitely check out the 'Community Games' channel. There's about 50 different user submissions on there ranging from simple and amusing, to really inventive and worth the $5 bucks if you decided to buy after downloading the trial game.
Can't really say enough about it. Great move on MS part.
Have fun.

Around the Network

Welcome to the club!

But hear this: CHECK OUT THE ARCADE GAMES! some of the jewels of the system are to be found there rather than in stores.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Congratz I'm proud of you because you got a 360. If you want you can add me on live!

wfz said:
Infamous said:
Ugh, I keep saying it, you're not going to get RROD on a newer model! The chances of it happening is slim to none, and you'd have to leave it in an extremely un-ventilated area for it to do so!

And now, with storing games on our harddrive, no hot air emits from our 360s, the disk doesn't even spin! The 360 is just there, quiet as hell for hours on end and not the least bit hot. I promise you that you're good. ;)

That's what my friend told me, which is part of the push I needed to buy one! =D I got the 360 Arcade and got an external 120gb hdd for cheap, so that was great. I also got loads of other stuff to go along with it, like a wireless headset and whatnot.

I hope you realize that the external HDD can't be used to install games, do the NXE update, game saves etc.  You need a first party HDD to do that.  Stupid, I know.

rendo said:
wfz said:
Infamous said:
Ugh, I keep saying it, you're not going to get RROD on a newer model! The chances of it happening is slim to none, and you'd have to leave it in an extremely un-ventilated area for it to do so!

And now, with storing games on our harddrive, no hot air emits from our 360s, the disk doesn't even spin! The 360 is just there, quiet as hell for hours on end and not the least bit hot. I promise you that you're good. ;)

That's what my friend told me, which is part of the push I needed to buy one! =D I got the 360 Arcade and got an external 120gb hdd for cheap, so that was great. I also got loads of other stuff to go along with it, like a wireless headset and whatnot.

I hope you realize that the external HDD can't be used to install games, do the NXE update, game saves etc.  You need a first party HDD to do that.  Stupid, I know.

The HDD I got is a used first party one, right off of an Elite. Does that work?

Also, I did get Live Gold for a year, but I won't activate it until my free month runs out. I know I'm definitely going to download Braid and Banjo Kazooie once I can, and then I'll go from there.

I should get everything on Wednesday, but the harddrive might take a few days extra, which kinda sucks. Oh well, I just can't wait to get my 360! =D Once I get my system I'll add some of you guys.

Nice!