By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

Million said:

madkiller said:
Million said:
madkiller said:
All you people making me out to be the bad guy in this situation must be pirating things yourselves since you make it out like it is no big deal for this guy to make money off of other people's products/works. I will not sit here and be called a snitch for trying to do the right thing. People like you are the reason this shit is spreading so much these days. Some of you have probably modded your consoles, maybe even paid someone else to do it. Frankly, I hope you all get caught one day if you condone this...

Oh yes you will lol. I don't condone piracy either but i'm not going to use my time to inform multi billion corparations that some one's messing with their profit margins.

Fair enough if the guys actualy hurting some one but "snitch" is the right word to use in this situation , tell me one person who's lost their job because of piracy and i'll apologise.

Actually, I will just ignore anything a douchebag like you says from now on. Trying to excuse piracy by talking about multi-billion dollar corporations profit margins is complete bullshit. Microsoft is not the only company we are talking about here. What about the small companies trying to get started making games? Those companies don't have billions and might go out of business without enough sales. You need to just keep your mouth shut since you seem to know nothing about how things really work. What you said is basically like saying that people should just walk into Walmart and take what they want because Walmart is so rich...

LOL please provide me with conclusive evidence that piracy puts developers out of business (like I said before) and i'll

aplologise.

I'm only using three games to demonstrate that if you make an apealing game then you get apealing sales if not then you'll go bankrupt regardless of the size of your company. Developers that produce shitty games and get underwhelming sales on their poor sales performance are really only shifting blame .

Piracy only affects a percentage of sales , in most cases it won't make a game that otherwise woulda have sold well sell badly.How so many games are able to break the 1 million mark with such rampant piracy is beyond me.

700,761 8.01 3.48m 29th Oct 08

80,473 6.99 6.60m 03rd Nov 08

253,024 7.74 4.90m 08th Oct 08

Piracy doesn't necessarily put developers out of business but they severely hurt their profit margins.

Do you think someone shouldn't get paid everything they deserve for the work they did?

Did you also know that if a game doesn't make enough money that game doesn't get a sequel?

Profits on games are *very* thin and a studio needs every little bit on a game they can get.

Also, way to point out two PS3 games, the system that has almost no piracy, and one of the biggest games last year (CoD4) to prove piracy doesn't do anything.  Try looking at CoD4 on the PC.

-edit-

@Madkiller - this is your only warning, stop with the name calling please.

Around the Network
madkiller said:
Million said:
madkiller said:
All you people making me out to be the bad guy in this situation must be pirating things yourselves since you make it out like it is no big deal for this guy to make money off of other people's products/works. I will not sit here and be called a snitch for trying to do the right thing. People like you are the reason this shit is spreading so much these days. Some of you have probably modded your consoles, maybe even paid someone else to do it. Frankly, I hope you all get caught one day if you condone this...

Oh yes you will lol. I don't condone piracy either but i'm not going to use my time to inform multi billion corparations that some one's messing with their profit margins.

Fair enough if the guys actualy hurting some one but "snitch" is the right word to use in this situation , tell me one person who's lost their job because of piracy and i'll apologise.

Actually, I will just ignore anything a douchebag like you says from now on. Trying to excuse piracy by talking about multi-billion dollar corporations profit margins is complete bullshit. Microsoft is not the only company we are talking about here. What about the small companies trying to get started making games? Those companies don't have billions and might go out of business without enough sales. You need to just keep your mouth shut since you seem to know nothing about how things really work. What you said is basically like saying that people should just walk into Walmart and take what they want because Walmart is so rich...

You can report him if you want as we don't really care but stop flaming us and accuse us of piracy.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

ameratsu said:
I posted a perfectly reasonable means of dealing with this. Do items posted on the bulletin boards need approval? Take it to them, they will most likely deal with it. If you can post anything, feel free to take them down. Reporting what is most likely a bottom-feeder in the world of piracy to microsoft is a waste of everyone's time.

I never said exactly what I am going to do to report this guy. I just wish people would stop acting like I am doing wrong here when that guy is the one doing something illegal.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

I have a huge game collection for 360, PS3 and PC and every one of them are legitimate...

Nobody cares and nobody likes snitches. I am not excusing what he does but he will fall on his face without your "help".

Kyros said:
I have a huge game collection for 360, PS3 and PC and every one of them are legitimate...

Nobody cares and nobody likes snitches. I am not excusing what he does but he will fall on his face without your "help".

Calling someone a snitch is just a way for people that break the law try to put the attention on someone else...

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Million said:

madkiller said:
Million said:
madkiller said:

LOL please provide me with conclusive evidence that piracy puts developers out of business (like I said before) and i'll

aplologise.

I'm only using three games to demonstrate that if you make an apealing game then you get apealing sales if not then you'll go bankrupt regardless of the size of your company. Developers that produce shitty games and get underwhelming sales on their poor sales performance are really only shifting blame .

Piracy only affects a percentage of sales , in most cases it won't make a game that otherwise woulda have sold well sell badly.How so many games are able to break the 1 million mark with such rampant piracy is beyond me.

700,761 8.01 3.48m 29th Oct 08

80,473 6.99 6.60m 03rd Nov 08

253,024 7.74 4.90m 08th Oct 08

Piracy doesn't necessarily put developers out of business but they severely hurt their profit margins.

Obviously your not able to proove this so i'll dismiss it , no it doesnt' severley affect profit margins.

Do you think someone shouldn't get paid everything they deserve for the work they did?

I never said I agreed with piracy but then there's plenty of other factors that should be taken into account

-Quality of game being sold

-Reason for pirating game (person may have not even touched the title had he not been able to download it etc)

-In some places of the world people can't afford to buy games .

- Piracy isn't the same a running into the shop and stealing a physical object , it's concerned with legal ownership.

-No one looses money from piracy , it's money they don't gain or otherwise would have never got.

Did you also know that if a game doesn't make enough money that game doesn't get a sequel?

- An apealing game will always get a sequel because it will most likely always get sales.

- A poor quality Arist will likely never make a second album why should a poor game get a sequel ?

- A poor quality movie will likely never get a sequel why should a game be any different.

- Poor quality anything will never get another iteration becuase there is no demand for it.

Profits on games are *very* thin and a studio needs every little bit on a game they can get.

-Gaming like any other industry is demand driven , if your not making a product that the consumer desires to buy or your not able to convince the consumer that they should buy the product then it's only natural you go bankrupt.

Also, way to point out two PS3 games, the system that has almost no piracy, and one of the biggest games last year (CoD4) to prove piracy doesn't do anything.  Try looking at CoD4 on the PC.

- Last time I counted there were in excess of 45 Million sellers on the 360  I think more than 15 on the PS3 and I can't remember the Wii but proly more than 20 Million . My point was that if you make an apealing game you will get apealing sales I used the most apealing games on each platform to demonstrate that.

Poor sales on COD4 could be down to various factors other than piracy and likely is , COD4(PC)'s poor sales perofrmance is more related to the fact that demand for PC games as a whole isn't fairing too good in comparison to console games.

-Bigger online communities for certain genres on consoles.

-No need for expensive upgrades which will last you 2 years.

-etc etc-

@Madkiller - this is your only warning, stop with the name calling please.

I would suggest telling your mommy. That's probably where you report everything else right?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@ Million, you really just need to leave this thread completely as your arguments are the same BS that pirates have been using for years to try and make what they do seem less wrong. Most likely you are a pirate as well and are just trying to make yourself feel better for doing something illegal. I am done with this since it is not worth arguing with criminals.

Would a moderator please lock this thread. I am done talking about this subject with these people. Oh, and all of you have inspired me to take this even further than I planned on doing in the first place. In fact, I will make sure to report this guy to my school, the local police, the FBI, Microsoft, and all of the organizations that help prevent piracy. This guy is toast...

madkiller said:
Kyros said:

Calling someone a snitch is just a way for people that break the law try to put the attention on someone else...

dont listen to the dumb asses that call u a snitch. they probally do piracy themselves.