By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reporting Someone for Piracy

Hey guys, does anyone know the best way to report someone for making money modding Xbox consoles and pirating the games. This douchebag posted an advertisement on my college campus saying that he can mod Xbox consoles for $50 and burn games for you or even show you how to do it. I took the advertisement and would like to report him to all the appropriate places since I can't stand people that mod and use bogus copies of games. I have a huge game collection for 360, PS3 and PC and every one of them are legitimate...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

I think its a federal crime, so I guess here:

http://www.fbi.gov/contactus.htm

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

$50USD?! That's pretty average. Does he sell R4s?

50 bucks? what a rip-off. Yeah, report his ass

;)

call campus police and administer. this is an illegal solicitation.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
gurok said:
$50USD?! That's pretty average. Does he sell R4s?

I don't even know what an R4 is, but I assume it is some type of mod chip? I don't keep up on anything related to piracy, because I don't pirate...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

the r4 is to play pirated games on ds

hitoriki said:
the r4 is to play pirated games on ds

You seem to know a lot about piracy, maybe someone should report you to the FBI...

Seriously, there's nothing uncommon with advertising that kind of stuff. If you go on craigslist or kijiji, you will see a lot of that kind of ads. I say just let it go. If the police ever think that small crook is important enough, they'll do something. I don't get why you should need to interfere with that. The guy is probably not even making a lot of money for that.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I didn't say he should report the guy, i just point where.

madkiller said:

Hey guys, does anyone know the best way to report someone for making money modding Xbox consoles and pirating the games. This douchebag posted an advertisement on my college campus saying that he can mod Xbox consoles for $50 and burn games for you or even show you how to do it. I took the advertisement and would like to report him to all the appropriate places since I can't stand people that mod and use bogus copies of games. I have a huge game collection for 360, PS3 and PC and every one of them are legitimate...

You buy all of your music and games and movies and cable and other stuff? Cause even if you do you're pretty mean to go report the poor fellow. He is probably a student just like you trying to make money to go through school.

kingofwale said:
50 bucks? what a rip-off. Yeah, report his ass

;)

call campus police and administer. this is an illegal solicitation.

Lol. I second this!

4 ≈ One