By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBPSP, Uncharted 2 and Price Cuts coming to a PS platform near you! (Rumor)

LBP / Motorstom on PSP is likely.

Uncharted 2 has already been confirmed for 2009

Price drop in March 2009? Sounds reasonable -- a $50 world wide price cut would give PS3 a nice boost while not hurting much financially in the long term. a $100 price cut on the other hand would have a massive sales boost but would mean SONY would be stuck in the red...

- As for Microsoft responding to SONY by cutting the price of 360 -- the 60gb 360 is already cheaper than the Wii... the arcade is close to PS2 prices. Where can Microsoft really go ? Do you think they are going to be worried when they are already so much cheaper than PS3...

Around the Network

doing price cut in wrong time, when most people that have PS2, or need 2nd console already choose cheaper console.

worst rumored ps3 price cut scenario.

they have to do in right now, when people starting to buy games and console. not in Q1 2009, when people mostly only buy games, not hardware.

and why MS worried, they planning to do xbox slim, in 2009
then after that MS will do another price cut, they hardware is so cheap to produce
tah they can afford that

I will keep out of this cause anything i will say will be reparded as trolling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

That put a big smile on my face reading that, sure hope it's all true

I don't really see why you would be showing trailers and stuff at a staff meeting..

Not that the stuff is unbelievable.

Around the Network
dejelek said:
doing price cut in wrong time, when most people that have PS2, or need 2nd console already choose cheaper console.

worst rumored ps3 price cut scenario.

they have to do in right now, when people starting to buy games and console. not in Q1 2009, when people mostly only buy games, not hardware.

and why MS worried, they planning to do xbox slim, in 2009
then after that MS will do another price cut, they hardware is so cheap to produce
tah they can afford that

120 million people own PS2s.

All of the consoles this gen added together bring us to 75 million.

That's 45 million untapped PS2 owners. And another 50 million on 360 and GC. And people who are new to gaming this gen.

Q1 2009 is in the PS3's third year. Did hardware sales for the PS2 slow down at all in 2003? No, they sped up. This is not when people stop buying consoles, this is when people start buying consoles.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

yes ps3 third year will be awesome for gamers :P

Nobody comments on the Trico screenshot?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Good Things are looking Up!!! finally

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Its good for ps3 if its true.