By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Renmant got 6.5 at Gamespot...

Hopefully installing to harddrive will fix some of the issues. There's no way I'm waiting for the PS3 version of this game, I've been anticipating it for too long as it is.

Around the Network

Still waiting for the PC version...

some vids of The Last Remnant running on HDD install.  There shouldn't be too much spoilers in these vids as they are early on in the game.  From those vids its kinda hard to tell that this is a turn based system..  I've been told that it looks like a dynasty warriors rip off..  but you just select your strategy for each round and watch the battle unfold.. you get some moments where these critical triggers appear and you have to time your button press.. (kinda like QTE's)

Firery idol boss battle (Pbroys name appears about the 6.35 mark)

Blackdale battlefield fight

you don't really level up in this game. you gain Battle Rank and more experience you gain gives you STAT boosts.  Good thing about this game is that you can save practically anytime except during fights. and once a battle is won everyone's health and status is restored so you don't have to run to an INN and sleep overnight.

I guess it is a good thing the PS3 version comes out later?

If frame rate is really that bad (will found out when it comes in from Gamefly), I may just wait for news on the PS3 version.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

piggychan said:

some vids of The Last Remnant running on HDD install.  There shouldn't be too much spoilers in these vids as they are early on in the game.  From those vids its kinda hard to tell that this is a turn based system..  I've been told that it looks like a dynasty warriors rip off..  but you just select your strategy for each round and watch the battle unfold.. you get some moments where these critical triggers appear and you have to time your button press.. (kinda like QTE's)

Firery idol boss battle (Pbroys name appears about the 6.35 mark)

Blackdale battlefield fight

you don't really level up in this game. you gain Battle Rank and more experience you gain gives you STAT boosts.  Good thing about this game is that you can save practically anytime except during fights. and once a battle is won everyone's health and status is restored so you don't have to run to an INN and sleep overnight.

Almost sounds like SaGa Frontier in a way, especially healing after each battle. I am in love.

I just wish they had SaGa Frontier's combo system.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

What's alarming about the technical aspect is how good U3 actually runs on 360 vs PS3. I don't believe that Epic have got the engine to a point yet where they have parity on all platforms - right now U3 works best on PC/360 IMHO.

Now, if the 360 version of a U3 based game is technically glitchy I can't help but be concerned that a PS3 version is going to need masses of polish if its not to be even worse.

Look at Bioshock, runs well on 360, runs well on PS3 but it took a really decent port and investment to make sure this was the case (pity about sales LTD for the game, BTW, it really deserves better support on PS3).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i hope they fix the ps3 version and include extras as per sony policy.

last remnant is looking to be a crap game because of the performance

i read in xbox fanboy edge magazine, that star ocean is also looking crap, in fact they say it looks just like infinite undiscovery with blocky textures and faded out riff raff.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Reasonable said:
What's alarming about the technical aspect is how good U3 actually runs on 360 vs PS3. I don't believe that Epic have got the engine to a point yet where they have parity on all platforms - right now U3 works best on PC/360 IMHO.

Now, if the 360 version of a U3 based game is technically glitchy I can't help but be concerned that a PS3 version is going to need masses of polish if its not to be even worse.

Look at Bioshock, runs well on 360, runs well on PS3 but it took a really decent port and investment to make sure this was the case (pity about sales LTD for the game, BTW, it really deserves better support on PS3).

The PS3 does UE3 good as well. Try UT3. Shows that everything can be done if you have the time and don't rush.

Skeeuk said:

i hope they fix the ps3 version and include extras as per sony policy.

last remnant is looking to be a crap game because of the performance

i read in xbox fanboy edge magazine, that star ocean is also looking crap, in fact they say it looks just like infinite undiscovery with blocky textures and faded out riff raff.

Edge have been known to knock done scores if a game is not innovative. I also think that they are anti-JRPG fanboys. Everyone else has said that the graphics have been excellent. Edge is way too harsh towards the games they review. I'm sorry but you can take the same magazine that gave one of MGS4's lowest scores seriously.

Also, Edge are contridicting themselves if they really said it is looking crap because Edge put SOTLH on one of the Top 20 games at TGS 08

Proof: http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-20-best-games-tgs?page=0%2C2

Xen said:
Reasonable said:

The PS3 does UE3 good as well. Try UT3. Shows that everything can be done if you have the time and don't rush.

You do realize that Epic Games made UT3, right?  Epic Games can make any game they make using UE3 run well on any system because they were the ones that made the engine in the first place.