By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "baiten kaitos:eternal wings and the lost ocean" or "skies of arcadia"?

is paper mario that good of a game? as soon as i get my wii online, i am gonna download "super mario rpg". i loved that game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
is paper mario that good of a game? as soon as i get my wii online, i am gonna download "super mario rpg". i loved that game.

Paper Mario is awesome.  And just to reiterate, DO NOT under any circumstances buy Evolution Worlds.  Please.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

ok, goosegaws. i promise not too buy evolution worlds for my wii. was just curious. also can anyone tell me of other good rpg's for my wii, wether their gamecube or wii games doesnt matter.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
ok, goosegaws. i promise not too buy evolution worlds for my wii. was just curious. also can anyone tell me of other good rpg's for my wii, wether their gamecube or wii games doesnt matter.

Phew, thanks.  I made that mistake once; I'd hate to see others repeat it.

In response to your question, Soriku seems to have listed all likely candidates.  There are a few more worthy titles on the VC, if you go that route.

Hates Nomura.

RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
GC:

-ToS
-PM: TTYD
-SoAL
-BK
-Baten Kaitos Origins (prequel to the first BK. Better than BK by miles.)
-FFCC
-Fire Emblem: PoR

Wii

-ToS: Dawn of the New World (sequel to ToS!)
-FE: Radiant Dawn

I would add Cel Damage (GC) to this list.

Only if he has no way to play the far superior successor to Cel Damage, Full Auto.

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network

I have not played SoA, but I did the first BK. I recommend SoA. The fist BK is really mediocre. Not awful, just a subpar RPG. It may be better than 70% of the other RPGs, but that is not saying much. Soa is a rare game, it may be worth it just for it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Baten Kaitos, really really nice visuals and a solid unique combat system.

Skies is really nice if you enjoy random encounters every 5 seconds, I got lost in dungeons because after the 8th random encounter I couldn't remember if I was trying to go left or right.

GooseGaws said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

In response to your question, Soriku seems to have listed all likely candidates.  There are a few more worthy titles on the VC, if you go that route.

lol, Mag Launcher FTW! Pepper Box even more FTW!

Acevil said:
GooseGaws said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

lol, Mag Launcher FTW! Pepper Box even more FTW!

Luckily, I sold the game on before it burned my consciousness too badly.  I only paid $9 for it new, so I think I ended up ahead on the deal (ignoring the mental trauma aspect).

Hates Nomura.

Skies of Arcadia is the easy choice!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.