By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Place your bets - when will Wii pass 360?

@john lucas

you're crazy. I have always thought your predictions were crazy. Now, you are prematurely claiming victory for one and sticking to another that is just not possible.

At Wii's current rate of 170,000 more than 360 per week it will pass 360 in the August as I have always said.

At Wii's current rate of 60,000 more than 360 in NA per week it will pass 360 in about a year, given sales differences remain the same. If Wii's difference even doubles that is still best case in 6 months or January.

C'mon just admit you were a little too optimistic.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
@john lucas

you're crazy. I have always thought your predictions were crazy. Now, you are prematurely claiming victory for one and sticking to another that is just not possible.

At Wii's current rate of 170,000 more than 360 per week it will pass 360 in the August as I have always said.

At Wii's current rate of 60,000 more than 360 in NA per week it will pass 360 in about a year, given sales differences remain the same. If Wii's difference even doubles that is still best case in 6 months or January.

C'mon just admit you were a little too optimistic.

X-mas can make up a lot of that ground for the Wii, I am not saying it for sure will.  I am just saying that it can.  There is precedent for this as last Dec when the Wii was still extremely supply constrained it outsold the 360 by about 408k in the US alone.  There is definately the possibility of a huge surge in Dec...but once again I feel I must clarify before I get lept apon by fanboys and say this is not a given.

PS - I wasn't calling you a fanboy superchunk, just trying to be explicit with my statements to help the fanboys from foaming too much...

To Each Man, Responsibility

Just noticed that the site got updated numbers, pretty much all the Europe Data was changed...and I mean ALL of it. After these changes the Wii is only 390k behind the 360 and it now needs 250k a week for the next two weeks to catch it. If John Lucas is right and we see a boost to around 280k this week because of Strikers then it would only need 220k the following week to catch the 360.

So yeah..these recent changes to the data make it a lot more likely for the Wii to catch up on Aug 12. I won't jump the gun yet, but it is at least looking a bit better for those who chose that date.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Looks like three weeks from now. Initially thought it might be 2, but realised the 'Box is going to move some units as well. =P

I'll say the 24th, just 'cause it's my birthday (don't forget to shop).

Around the Network

My first prediction and it is almost there. Great!

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Parokki said:
Looks like three weeks from now. Initially thought it might be 2, but realised the 'Box is going to move some units as well. =P

mine too :D

Crap60 is going down on the 24th.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.