By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I REALLY hope MK vs DC Universe flops to hell.

MK vs DC is a great game if you like the older MK games. If you look past the "T" rating it is fun. It has a very strong 2D feel to it so maybe that is why I like it so much. I loved the old days of playing MK and MK2 in the arcades.

If you go through the story mode you see why Superman is vulnerable. Its not that big of a deal. Superman fans should be glad they include him in games and not just let him sit on the bench because he is to powerful.

Around the Network

Superman is the lamest hero ever created... the only reason why I like marvel more then DC is the fact that they have Superman...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i have the game, picked it up on monday, first played it on wedsnday, for about an hour or so, thursday (yesterday)
i worked till 1pm, got home at 2:45pm, played DEAD SPACE ( best game i've played since, GEARS of WAR 1) 5pm stopped playing and went to class, got home at 11pm , and went to bed, today i woke up at 9am, at 12noon today i will head on over to GAMESTOP, and i will hand over MK vs DC for whatever amount of money they offer, even if it's $2. I hope that fully details my feelings towards this game. ED BOON can suck/my/balls

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

dnnc said:
i have the game, picked it up on monday, first played it on wedsnday, for about an hour or so, thursday (yesterday)
i worked till 1pm, got home at 2:45pm, played DEAD SPACE ( best game i've played since, GEARS of WAR 1) 5pm stopped playing and went to class, got home at 11pm , and went to bed, today i woke up at 9am, at 12noon today i will head on over to GAMESTOP, and i will hand over MK vs DC for whatever amount of money they offer, even if it's $2. I hope that fully details my feelings towards this game. ED BOON can suck/my/balls

If they offer you 2 dolars ill give you 3.

disolitude said:
dnnc said:

LOL nice.

The game is scoring pretty well on metacritic. Averaging 70 - 85 scores. there is so much hate for Mortal Kombat in the gaming world :(

Around the Network

I agree Superman is perhaps one of the lamest comic super heroes of all time. Not only is he the bastards version of the what if game. His vulnerabilities are idiotic due to their rarity. Then there is the entire none of his special abilities even remotely approach being in line with reality. Yeah totally believable that he is super dense, and thus super heavy. So that means he should be able to move super fast, and fly. Seriously how real is that, and the powered by the sun thing. Well so is my calculator, and it isn't able to blow through walls.

I remember seeing a Superman cartoon where he actually uses other peoples voices, because he has super ventriloquist powers. That is right you can add that to the never ending powers list. All I could think is boy it must be nice to just create a new power for the man of steel instead of you know actually throwing a challenge at him. Then I thought later my god the wrong super hero got the power. Superman isn't very original now Batman would use something like that to great advantage.

Imagine if you will Batman has just beaten the crap out of you, and he is picking you up by the collar of your shirt, and then in the voice of a three year old little girl he says you killed my daddy, followed by one of those high pitched squeals. That would have to scare you totally shiftless, and more to the point make you question your own sanity.

seece said:
disolitude said:
dnnc said:

LOL nice.

The game is scoring pretty well on metacritic. Averaging 70 - 85 scores. there is so much hate for Mortal Kombat in the gaming world :(

Yeah...I don't get it either.  MK was the biggest game in the world at one time...so saturation was imminent. However if you look at their releases for the last 6 years, they have held a solid quality while staying a simple arcade fighter. Games like Shaolin Monks kicked ass as well... And the series is no longer in your face like it used to be, so there is no reason for the hate.

Dodece said:
I agree Superman is perhaps one of the lamest comic super heroes of all time. Not only is he the bastards version of the what if game. His vulnerabilities are idiotic due to their rarity. Then there is the entire none of his special abilities even remotely approach being in line with reality. Yeah totally believable that he is super dense, and thus super heavy. So that means he should be able to move super fast, and fly. Seriously how real is that, and the powered by the sun thing. Well so is my calculator, and it isn't able to blow through walls.

I remember seeing a Superman cartoon where he actually uses other peoples voices, because he has super ventriloquist powers. That is right you can add that to the never ending powers list. All I could think is boy it must be nice to just create a new power for the man of steel instead of you know actually throwing a challenge at him. Then I thought later my god the wrong super hero got the power. Superman isn't very original now Batman would use something like that to great advantage.

Imagine if you will Batman has just beaten the crap out of you, and he is picking you up by the collar of your shirt, and then in the voice of a three year old little girl he says you killed my daddy, followed by one of those high pitched squeals. That would have to scare you totally shiftless, and more to the point make you question your own sanity.

It was fun seeing Scorpion kick Superman 20 feet into a car LOL

disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
Well i hope they let the series die, That or bring back the former glory. There only 1 top Fighter (Tekken). Nothing else holds a candle imo

lol...Tekken. Tap tap...tap tap tap...tap...tap tap tap tap

Don't make yourself look stupid please. Tekken is not button mashing. Sure you can play that way, but it won't get you far against someone of my calibre. I Have learned what moves are risky, what moves put you in negative frames, what moves put opponent in negative frames, juggles learned off by heart, Is a mind game as well when you come up against a tough oppnent. I Have mastered The EWGF(Electric wind God fist) Which is achieved by pressing f,f+d+2. Of course you wouldn't understand. As is clearly shown in your post...........

blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
Well i hope they let the series die, That or bring back the former glory. There only 1 top Fighter (Tekken). Nothing else holds a candle imo

lol...Tekken. Tap tap...tap tap tap...tap...tap tap tap tap

Don't make yourself look stupid please. Tekken is not button mashing. Sure you can play that way, but it won't get you far against someone of my calibre. I Have learned what moves are risky, what moves put you in negative frames, what moves put opponent in negative frames, juggles learned off by heart, Is a mind game as well when you come up against a tough oppnent. I Have mastered The EWGF(Electric wind God fist) Which is achieved by pressing f,f+d+2. Of course you wouldn't understand. As is clearly shown in your post...........

My main fighting game is Mortal Kombat, I tried out Soul Calibur but never liked it? I know Tekken is coming. As much as I like MK the fighting system doesn't have a whole lot of depth ... I would really like a fighting game with interesting characters (this is why I love MK so much) and a fighting system you can learn with depth? I figure Tekken has the fighting part sorted out from your post but what about the characters?

I will defo give Tekken a try, hopefully a demo comes out for it.