By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: "one-console market is over"

wfz said:
Isn't SE making that FFCC game for the Wii? The one everyone thought was cancelled but SE recently said that it wasn't?

They said it wasn't cancelled, but never confirmed it was still for the Wii =p

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Soma said:
wfz said:
Isn't SE making that FFCC game for the Wii? The one everyone thought was cancelled but SE recently said that it wasn't?

They said it wasn't cancelled, but never confirmed it was still for the Wii =p

Uh-oh another DS bound game...

Mr. Domino said:
stof said:
Now might be a good time to point out that Square Enix's highest selling console game this gen is on the Wii.

You would hope that with a Dragon Quest in the title

This brings up another arguement, if a low quality spin-off of a big franchise can sell so well on the Wii why not put main series there? Aren't people always saying that publishers don't put their big projects on the Wii because they're afraid they might not sell?

Because if that's actually the reason DQ:Swords tells an entirely different story.

Wow, he didn't mention the Wii once.

I'm honestly speechless as to what they plan on doing in the future. The Last Remnant...I think (I THINK) will flop saleswise upon it's release.

As for a Kingdom Hearts 3, I'd enjoy seeing how that would sell on these HD platforms, especially the PS3.

Just like stof said, I find it funny that their best-selling game this gen is on a system they seem to not care about supporting. DQ Swords wasn't even that deep either. It was an on-rails RPG or something. On-rails games have proven to be very successful on the Wii as of late.

Most developers who have taken a risk on the Wii (risk of missing the demographics?) have reaped the benefits immensely,and that includes Suda51. NMH sold 20x more than his other game (Killer 7) and was good enough to warrant a sequel. We have the same old success stories of de Blob and Zack & Wiki, Ben10,.....the list goes on.

The one console market is over, but that doesn't mean you ignore the "one console" that is proving that statement.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I'm not normally one to get frustrated with third parties because the Wii doesn't need them, but how thick would Square's blinders have to be for them to not go "Holy Hell let's put some awesome games on that there Wii thinger"?

Around the Network

ms must be happy

RolStoppable said:
It's like in a parallel universe in which Nintendo doesn't exist.

Because Nintendo is always off somewhere doing their own thing and not truthfully competing against the competition.

square is spreading themselves a little too thin here arent they. remember when they were a small company and it seemed they actually cared of pride and a reputation to make unique and amazing games. their brand is starting to seem a little watered down although i still love the FF series as well as the KH series.

adjohnston10 said:
square is spreading themselves a little too thin here arent they. remember when they were a small company and it seemed they actually cared of pride and a reputation to make unique and amazing games. their brand is starting to seem a little watered down although i still love the FF series as well as the KH series.

Don't expect too much of companies that strive to increase profit. The odds of them selling out to better themselves are much higher than you would like to imagine.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RolStoppable said:
It's like in a parallel universe in which Nintendo doesn't exist.

Because Nintendo is always off somewhere doing their own thing and not truthfully competing against the competition.

Nintendo isn't competeing with MS and Sony the same way an archer doesn't compete with 2 swordsmen.