By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I remenber playing it over my friend's house,I guess it was good because if was innovative for console first person shooters.

Around the Network

@ OP - different devs on future Bond games, controller schemes, etc. Goldeneye was more about making a game that had graphical inspiration from the movie. Most movie-based games try to turn the movie into a game, which outside of the Lord of the Rings game, usually sucked in the past. The approach for the development of Goldeneye was very different, and it paid off handsomely.

bardicverse said:
@ OP - different devs on future Bond games, controller schemes, etc. Goldeneye was more about making a game that had graphical inspiration from the movie. Most movie-based games try to turn the movie into a game, which outside of the Lord of the Rings game, usually sucked in the past. The approach for the development of Goldeneye was very different, and it paid off handsomely.

What he said.  Though I didn't dig Goldeneye as much as others, though I played it a lot, I mean it was a game I wanted to love so much, but then would get frustrated at parts of that game cause the controls weren't to my liking =\ but it didn't keep me from beating it and loving it.  Motion sensor bombs FTW!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

i haven't really seen another console fps to feel as good as goldeneye felt. even now.

Golden Eye killed it cuz it had Oddjob and that midget is hard to shoot at lolll

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Golden Eye killed it cuz it had Oddjob and that midget is hard to shoot at lolll

lol! You should play Nightfire then. Oddjob is the most overpowered character ever! xD

*throws homing hat at you*

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ohhh the memories

it was a well put together game but i think the main thing was a good implementation of an FPS on a CONSOLE.

yea, that did it.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were great games. I don't think they have been equaled to this day.

The mission objectives added so much to the gameplay that war shooters just don't have. Most FPS these days seems like it is just "kill everyone on your way to this point" and repeat.

It is amazing to me that many modern FPS don't have as many multiplayer options as these games. If they would just copy from these games, it would be a vast improvement in most cases.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The respawn location order isn't randomized. Unless you're standing close to a respawn, the order stays the same. I memorized the order on every single stage, so no matter where my opponents respawned, I'd get some instant headshots, and usually a kill before they even got their weapon. It took all the fun out though, so I only did it once against each of my friends.

I definitely left proximity mines in the toilets. I spent most of my Facility gaming in the toilets. I used every weapon there. I loved using remote mines on that level, and tossing them through the bathroom door and detonating them in the air to try to scare somebody out. I loved using them on the inside of secret doors in the Library or Archives or right behind the walk-through walls of Complex. It guarantees they can't be seen until it's too late.

I remember playing tons of 2 on 2 with Sniper Rifles on Complex as well.

Perfect Dark.  Facility remake.  Standing in the vent with the Farsight.

Love. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
theRepublic said:
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were great games. I don't think they have been equaled to this day.

The mission objectives added so much to the gameplay that war shooters just don't have. Most FPS these days seems like it is just "kill everyone on your way to this point" and repeat.

It is amazing to me that many modern FPS don't have as many multiplayer options as these games. If they would just copy from these games, it would be a vast improvement in most cases.

I think in terms of console FPSs, Halo has equaled them.