By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers adjusted....

Wait, are you getting those numbers from VGChartz? Pfff, doesn't everyone know how inaccurate that site is?

We should just ban talk of VGChartz numbers here.

Around the Network

Nice for MSFT. Bad 4 their Redmond server guys @ the Xbox center....

I knew it was outselling ps3 in Europe.

I mean just look at the price difference you would have to be in love with Sony to turn the 360 down.

Truthfully with the launch of Gears (the online hour numbers are crazy) and everyone downloading the NXE in a few weeks of each other I thought Live would have a lot more problems then it has so far. They were also very smart to call it a preview, and do a slow rollout starting at 10,000 and growing up to see how the system handles it. To address any issues that came up ahead of time, for the most part

Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k over PS3.

RIP PS3.

Sorry Sony fans, I will gloat no more. But that has all but nailed the lid on the coffin for 3rd place. Next week may even be as high as 140-150,000 lead over PS3. TLR comes out in Japan.

Around the Network

Sony needs to cut the price..this is getting ridiculous

mM
CaptDS9E said:
Truthfully with the launch of Gears (the online hour numbers are crazy) and everyone downloading the NXE in a few weeks of each other I thought Live would have a lot more problems then it has so far. They were also very smart to call it a preview, and do a slow rollout starting at 10,000 and growing up to see how the system handles it. To address any issues that came up ahead of time, for the most part

Yeah, I was almost certain Netflix would be unusable for at least a week but it actually worked on launch day.

Munkeh111 said:
How come the Xbox is getting such a large boost and the PS3 is being left in the dust..... maybe this is a delayed effect of the price cut. I still think Sony need to cut the price by $100 or they could fall a long way behind

Eventually, when you have a lot of things going right for you (affordable price, good gaming library), you start to get traction.

Up until now, all Sony has had is brand name, and a bunch of empty DVD cases of games that never came to the console, and broken promises. It's finally catching up to them.

Sony did this to themselves. It's sad to see Sony getting (virtually) throttled, but it's well-deserved from their mistakes. Sega paid dearly. Nintendo paid dearly. Microsoft paid dearly. Now it's Sony's turn.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Sony has already stated no price cuts this year. It is called capitalism and they are being cut with the scalpel---sloooowwwwww. They stated that the PS3 offers the same as the competition [Xbox 360] for the same price or a little more. If you had a store that made donuts better than the comp for equal price, would you drop the price to stay afloat? They were desperate in their initial price drops by economic principles.

The poor financial conditions worldwide are likely to kill the PS3 over the Christmas period. The relatively more affordable Wii and 360 will really benefit as people start looking towards more affordable entertainment.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall