By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I said home was on the verge of release and now 1.0 is here !.

papflesje said:
twesterm said:
papflesje said:
TRios_Zen said:

I wonder how much of the functionality in home will be "paid content" though (as this is listed)? Sony has to defray their sunk development costs somehow, right?

Same.  It'll probably be like those free mmo-games and second life and such.  Free to run around in and the basics are free, but to get cute new things, pay up.

Understandable, as you said they need to get back their development costs AND hopefully for them make a profit too.

I could have swore I read somewhere they were going to fund things through advertisements.

Ah, true.  But I've also read that microtransactions would also be a cash source for sony...

Nothing says they can't do both though ^^

I think Sony will be selling items non essential to the home experience such as special clothing , extra games , features etc. Similarly to  F2p MMORPG's you'll have to pay to make the most out of home but money shouldn't stop you from enjoying the experience ( if home is the kind of thing your into in the first place.)

Around the Network

i hope its released soon, should be a good addition to the excellent ps3 year so far.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
lol...32 people...

Sony likes their number games. "Oh yeah...well we got it too...except more..."

Do most of you have 8 freinds you would like to "party up with" let alone 32? I didn't thnk so...

What about meeting up with your Resistance clan? Or your Killzone 2 clan? Or more than eight people from VGChartz?

I think Sony made it 32 to match up with Killzone 2. Take your clan into Home, talk game, play test tactics perhaps, have a training match, or just a skirmish for fun.

It matches pretty well with R2 as well, as you can take 30 people on one side of a match.

I think the real question here is, will you ever have a time where it seems like a bad idea for you? I didn't think so...

You don't play these types of games much do you?

No, but it doesn't make my point any less valid how often this may or may not happen. Besides, isn't more likely to happen when you actually have an option to meet in this way?

I agree that Sony will most definetly be using the numbers to compare, but when we look at the Warhawk room, where you can plan out tactics on that hologram table, I think 32 is definetly meant for this kind of thing.

In theory your point is completely valid. However I have played these games for a while now and have never ran in to an instance where you'd want to party up with more than 4-5 people... With any more people it gets really hard to communicate.

Besides, you can have a large invited freinds only group match of COD4 or Halo anyways...so I don't undersand why they would meet in a "club house" first only to go to the game later. Drinks and cookies before the match anyone?

32 player chat isn't going to be used alot but it's a good option, especially if forum members want to get together and chat outside of a game. 32 player rooms could end up mixing well with KZ2 because of it's squad system.

@ disolitude: some clans may find it easier than a forum though. Not everyone will do this, but certainly some will be enticed to do so.

32 people all trying to a get a word in? No thanks :|

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
lol...32 people...

Do most of you have 8 freinds you would like to "party up with" let alone 32? I didn't thnk so...

What about meeting up with your Resistance clan? Or your Killzone 2 clan? Or more than eight people from VGChartz?

I think Sony made it 32 to match up with Killzone 2. Take your clan into Home, talk game, play test tactics perhaps, have a training match, or just a skirmish for fun.

It matches pretty well with R2 as well, as you can take 30 people on one side of a match.

I think the real question here is, will you ever have a time where it seems like a bad idea for you? I didn't think so...

No, but it doesn't make my point any less valid how often this may or may not happen. Besides, isn't more likely to happen when you actually have an option to meet in this way?

I agree that Sony will most definetly be using the numbers to compare, but when we look at the Warhawk room, where you can plan out tactics on that hologram table, I think 32 is definetly meant for this kind of thing.

In theory your point is completely valid. However I have played these games for a while now and have never ran in to an instance where you'd want to party up with more than 4-5 people... With any more people it gets really hard to communicate.

Besides, you can have a large invited freinds only group match of COD4 or Halo anyways...so I don't undersand why they would meet in a "club house" first only to go to the game later. Drinks and cookies before the match anyone?

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying, and personally, if Sony wants to make the most of this, I think they need  going to put up a chat system where you can change modes. You could do one mode where a person is appointed to allow people to speak, and one mode where people split into "squads" (perhaps you can stay in squads for going into R2/KZ2) and talk in those squads.

And yes. Virtual drinks and cookies... Awwww yeeeeaaaaa...

Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
Rainbird said:
disolitude said:
lol...32 people...

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying, and personally, if Sony wants to make the most of this, I think they need  going to put up a chat system where you can change modes. You could do one mode where a person is appointed to allow people to speak, and one mode where people split into "squads" (perhaps you can stay in squads for going into R2/KZ2) and talk in those squads.

And yes. Virtual drinks and cookies... Awwww yeeeeaaaaa...

They better not charge extra for those cookies, or they will be some vitrual violence goin on!

Seriously tho, if there really is some sort of virtual cookie eating party game...that would be sweet...

Supposedly hundreds of thousands of invites will start going out tomorrow for load testing, with the beta opening up to the public before the end of the year. Apparently it will never be "officially" released, instead being continually improved over time via patches and updates.

In other words, the public beta is it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342757

cool. Can't wait to see the final product.