By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I said home was on the verge of release and now 1.0 is here !.

Yep, I got in!

Around the Network
EHSTEVE said:
Yep, I got in!

Same here, why was I never this lucky back in the PS2 days.  LBP, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Home, etc.

Got in myself, I can't say I'm that impressed yet, however, I see huge potential everywhere I look. Also I am digging the avatar options, my dude looks almost exactly like I do.

There's around 10,000 invites going out so alot of people should be getting in , once load testing is done it'll probably increase to 50,000 then 100,000+ .

Then total global domination.

I got in, played around for a bit. Couple of rounds of bowling, checked out every last inch of the thing. Seriously this is what sony has been working on for years? Compared to what they originally showed Home to be, this is a shell of it's shelf.

Around the Network
Million said:
Home will almost certainly offer a superior experience to NXE but then it's been in development for years so it's not a fair comparison.

If you were in the beta you would realize that the clubhouse is for clans, so while its not for 32 people at once per say you can have 32 people in your clan.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

CaptDS9E said:
I got in, played around for a bit. Couple of rounds of bowling, checked out every last inch of the thing. Seriously this is what sony has been working on for years? Compared to what they originally showed Home to be, this is a shell of it's shelf.

Wel I guess there are alot of things we have to take into account , the size of the development team , the complexitiy of making sure Home is bug/lag free , priority of Home to Sony .

regardless I don't think we've seen everything home has to offer just yet , like a MMORPG it'll constantly evolving with version updates and added features.

FPSrules said:
yes home will be supieror to NXE, but no just cause they been working on it doesn't give a excuse why its better than live. live has been around since 2001, MS had plenty of time to make something similar to home, sony started making home in 2005 under the secert title, the getaway online.

4 year difference, 3-4 years making home, MS had plenty of time to make something similar, they just never though of the idea. nice move sony, keep the games/exclusives coming

Uhhhahaha.

Like you said, Sony's been working on it since 2005. MS announced NXE this year and delivered it this year. If they wanted to make something in response to Home, they had plenty of time to do it. But they didn't gave a big enough shit about it to actually respond to it.

To put it short and sweet. I can see how someone on the PSN would not have a use for Home. However, I don't see how a person using Live can go without using NXE.