By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PC gaming not dead: WoW expansion first day sales prove it

11-12 million people bought WoW in total up till now, which is not mindblowing in any way. Look at sales figures for The Sims series, which is more typical PC fare for a more casual audience.
When seen in context with how many PC's are available for people to play on throughout the world, sales for most games are pitiful at best.

PS: I wish Blizzard would finish up some of those other games we love them for, like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, the MMO gamers are getting all the love (yes, I do realize how much money Blizzard are making off of WoW, I'm not an idiot, but I should be allowed to feel a little disappointed with it).

Around the Network

Its games like this that is killing pc gaming. I played WoW for 2 years and in that period I did not buy a single game WoW all my time.

the only games that i care about in the PC now is Diablo III & Crysis .. i build a monster machine just to paly Crysis for now .. ah thnx to Squill ;)

Mummelmann said:
11-12 million people bought WoW in total up till now, which is not mindblowing in any way. Look at sales figures for The Sims series, which is more typical PC fare for a more casual audience.
When seen in context with how many PC's are available for people to play on throughout the world, sales for most games are pitiful at best.

PS: I wish Blizzard would finish up some of those other games we love them for, like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, the MMO gamers are getting all the love (yes, I do realize how much money Blizzard are making off of WoW, I'm not an idiot, but I should be allowed to feel a little disappointed with it).

A lot more than that number bought Wow.

11-12 millions is the number of players that still have a monthly subscritpion at this date...

I think I read in some magazine that the monthly turn over rate was around 5% or so , so like 500k players worldwide stop their subscription every month but so far Blizzard has been able to bring 500k new players or more  on those same months. Although to be fair a lot of the new players are returning players ( and a lot of the players that cut their subscription return too at a later date).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I will never undertand those 11-12 million people that are paying for that.

Around the Network

Nor will I.

and i

Left 4 Dead will sell well on PC I'm sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

real gamers play WoW!

yea i said it.

To me blizzard and valve are the only constant AAA game producers. WoW is a game that will be remembered for bringing the MMO genre to the casual audience. The game is what gaming should be like, a true epic experience that keeps on going..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

BenKenobi88 said:
Left 4 Dead will sell well on PC I'm sure.

*looks at thread title*

*looks at ben's post*

I'm confused at the relevance..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!