By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

dinomax, i don't think i like you very much. but strangely, i feel like you're my brother.....

i'm an idiot.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Banjo sold like a steaming pile of shit. Thankfully. Rare needs to learn it's lesson. After all of their flops this gen, maybe they will.

LBP is doing not that good either, but I do have faith that it will "pull an uncharted".

Motorstrom did good in Others for it's second week, having a very small drop. It'll do fine.

@ kylie dog

Your PS3 hate is sad. LBP didn't promise Copyrighted levels would be fine. Copyrighted anything isn't fine on any game that allows you to make levels and such. Why on earth would you believe you can take copyrighted material and make it your own? It's the reason it's copyrighted. It's also the reason you fail. CRY MOAR.

R2 isn't out in Others yet, so I'd take a minute before I say anything about that. And about LBP, don't 4get about Uncharted.

But Uncharted is approaching 2 million,that would be considered a flop for LBP,even 3 million would be considered a flop fot it,after how much it was hyped.

Also just because Uncharted had/has good legs it doesn't mean LBP will.

Just look at Wii Music,in Japan it isn't showing any legs at all,we'll see in the rest of the world,but it seems that it won't be the success that many thought for it to be.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I tried to buy Cod-Wii from amazon, but they have no one left, only on marketplace. I think the sales figures for Cow Wii will be better the next weeks.

Publishers need to realize that good games can get lost in the flood of holiday titles. They need to release quality titles in the spring/summer when there are months without any good new games to buy.

@ Brute

Incorrect.

LBP would be nowhere near a flop at 3 million. Definitely wrong.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
Publishers need to realize that good games can get lost in the flood of holiday titles. They need to release quality titles in the spring/summer when there are months without any good new games to buy.

But.. but... Christmas sales? Everybody knows that nobody buys games during summer, even though there are millions of college students and high schoolers having more free time during summer. Not to mention that so far every summer for the past several years has been a game drought.

I always wonder what do the publishers think when they release games a week after Gears of War2 or Fallout 3 or Halo 3 etc. etc. And I am specifically mentioning sequels because there is no excuse of not knowing the sales potential of a sequel. It is like the publishers want to lose money.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

DMeisterJ said:
@ Brute

Incorrect.

LBP would be nowhere near a flop at 3 million. Definitely wrong.

Considering the hype that it had,and the predictions that people were making,I'd say it would be considered a flop at 3 million,or atleast just past a flop,but not "nowhere" near a flop like you're saying.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Motorstorm 2 is bundled with PS3s here in Germany's biggest electronic retailers.
So I guess at least 50% of all PS3s sold here are bundled with Motorstorm 2. That's about 6,500 units this week.
Maybe some other European countries are doing the same....

Just look at Wii Music,in Japan it isn't showing any legs at all,we'll see in the rest of the world,but it seems that it won't be the success that many thought for it to be.

Who are these "many"? Wii Music is simply a stinker. Most Journalists said it was the worst game of the show after it was shown to the public. Reviews apart from the 1up insanity have been pityfull. Trailers have been ridiculed by everyone who saw it. Its good to know that not even the Wii name could save something like that.

LBP will do better in the longterm because its actually a great piece of software. Not as good as some believed of course.

Motorstorm was boring and bundled to death, so I can see Motorstorm 2 going under.
Resistance2 will do well, although its too colorful and cartoonish for me. I liked the old Resistance look better.
Gears2 is the killer of course.

But its christmas soon so all games will have some late success because people will get them as presents instead of buying them alright.

Can't speak for other versions, but L4D is trending just fine on the X360.

May hit 500,000 first week.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.