By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Sardauk said:
Rainbird said:
It's a shame, Motorstorm deserves good sales, it's awesome.
And Mirror's Edge should succeed enough for EA to realize, that while the game isn't superpopular because of some mistakes, they are on to something here.

yep, about Mirror's Edge, I started playing yesterday and I'm already happy with what I saw.

But I can understand that some people didn't like it.

In fact, it takes time to understand the concept of ME while playing : It is about moving in an enhanced way

But the game is still presented has a FPS and FPS-perceptions come back quickly...

Anyhow, I find it fresh and inovative... I find sad that it is always the COD-style games that have great sales figures (I'm tired of shooting at human things and start to find that wrong...).

I hope I feel the same way you do. I've based my post on the demo and reviews, because my pre-order of the game hasn't arrived yet! (FU game.co.uk!)

But I have that feeling, where the campaign doesn't need to be great, the time trials and the ordinary gameplay is all I need for my purchase to be worth it.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
Sardauk said:
Rainbird said:
It's a shame, Motorstorm deserves good sales, it's awesome.
And Mirror's Edge should succeed enough for EA to realize, that while the game isn't superpopular because of some mistakes, they are on to something here.

yep, about Mirror's Edge, I started playing yesterday and I'm already happy with what I saw.

But I can understand that some people didn't like it.

In fact, it takes time to understand the concept of ME while playing : It is about moving in an enhanced way

But the game is still presented has a FPS and FPS-perceptions come back quickly...

Anyhow, I find it fresh and inovative... I find sad that it is always the COD-style games that have great sales figures (I'm tired of shooting at human things and start to find that wrong...).

I hope I feel the same way you do. I've based my post on the demo and reviews, because my pre-order of the game hasn't arrived yet! (FU game.co.uk!)

But I have that feeling, where the campaign doesn't need to be great, the time trials and the ordinary gameplay is all I need for my purchase to be worth it.

Yes you are right. I also forgot to stipulate that the game has an art flavor that is also great.

I'm just pissed that PS3-users will have access to DLC... not us on the 360...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

@Kylie Dog: Actually you can make levels that are someones copyright, but you just can't share them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

so many releases this year...of course a lot of games will flop.
i played the mirrors edge demo...and i didnt get it.
stopped playing it after a few minutes...didnt get the controls, and it seemed the game itself is very boring.
lbp is a top game, and probably has great legs.
but games like fifa, pes, and gears 2 are taking everybodys money.

also the problem is not the amount of software sold, but the high break-even point on the ps3 and xbox360.
that's a big advantage for the wii.
we'll see more and more developpers for the wii because its cheaper.
your risk/return is much better on the wii. even if you are not selling like the nintendo titels.
only the top titles/series will remain on the xbox360 and ps3

World at War HD versions did incredibly. 350k for PS3 and 520k for 360 in others alone opening week.

It seems that people just buy games from the big companies. Then again, isn't Sega a big company? Look at Valkyria Chronicles.

EA pumps out a game every few weeks it seems, and people buy the games again and again and again. I'm actually glad Mirror's Edge flopped. Does this show that people won't accept mediocre games from EA now?

Pretty much the only games this holiday season that have sold as well as expected are Fable II, Gears 2 and CoD:WaW.

Valkyria Chronicles flopped
LBP and R2 didn't flop, but they didn't sell as well as people thought.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
World at War HD versions did incredibly. 350k for PS3 and 520k for 360 in others alone opening week.

It seems that people just buy games from the big companies. Then again, isn't Sega a big company? Look at Valkyria Chronicles.

EA pumps out a game every few weeks it seems, and people buy the games again and again and again. I'm actually glad Mirror's Edge flopped. Does this show that people won't accept mediocre games from EA now?

Pretty much the only games this holiday season that have sold as well as expected are Fable II, Gears 2 and CoD:WaW.

Valkyria Chronicles flopped
LBP and R2 didn't flop, but they didn't sell as well as people thought.

Just as a little reminder, R2 isn't out in Others yet, so I would say it is a little early to call it, even though the NA numbers aren't as high as expected.

the problem is there are too many games coming out, there is bound to be few games that will be lost in the shuffle

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Banjo sold like a steaming pile of shit. Thankfully. Rare needs to learn it's lesson. After all of their flops this gen, maybe they will.

LBP is doing not that good either, but I do have faith that it will "pull an uncharted".

Motorstrom did good in Others for it's second week, having a very small drop. It'll do fine.

@ kylie dog

Your PS3 hate is sad. LBP didn't promise Copyrighted levels would be fine. Copyrighted anything isn't fine on any game that allows you to make levels and such. Why on earth would you believe you can take copyrighted material and make it your own? It's the reason it's copyrighted. It's also the reason you fail. CRY MOAR.

R2 isn't out in Others yet, so I'd take a minute before I say anything about that. And about LBP, don't 4get about Uncharted.

Too many games, too little finances for most people = blood on sidewalk.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

DMeisterJ said:
Your PS3 hate is sad. LBP didn't promise Copyrighted levels would be fine. Copyrighted anything isn't fine on any game that allows you to make levels and such. Why on earth would you believe you can take copyrighted material and make it your own? It's the reason it's copyrighted. It's also the reason you fail. CRY MOAR.

Little Big Planet since CONCEPT ART had copyright infringement written all over it.