By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Killzone2 be ps3's gears of war

pieschl05 said:

I think if you were to compare anything to gears, no it shouldn't be resistance, it should be killzone 2.  They both have the same art style, weight on the player, and amazing visuals.  So how will killzone fare on the ps3.

I don't believe it will sell consoles like gears 2.

1. It will lack advertising

2. Ps3 has a smaller base.

Why can't Gears be like itself? PS3 always has to have a mirror game to the 360. This is what I just don't get. PS3 owners like to desperately compare their games to the hottest titles on the 360 to justify the hype that 360 games get .

Around the Network

we just have to wait and see if killzone 2 beats gears 2. killzone looks impressive but in reality we have to wait to see if it lives up to its hype. from wat i hear from ppl in da beta its amazing in every way, but i haven't tried it and im just hoping its hott.

i personally like gears 2, but online wise i much rather play part 1. they made a lot of improvements but the downgrading of the shotgun kills da flow of the game, and the use of tagging grendes in walls has turn gears 2 into a camp/grende game which isn't a good thing

FPSrules said:
we just have to wait and see if killzone 2 beats gears 2. killzone looks impressive but in reality we have to wait to see if it lives up to its hype. from wat i hear from ppl in da beta its amazing in every way, but i haven't tried it and im just hoping its hott.

i personally like gears 2, but online wise i much rather play part 1. they made a lot of improvements but the downgrading of the shotgun kills da flow of the game, and the use of tagging grendes in walls has turn gears 2 into a camp/grende game which isn't a good thing

KZ2 will not beat Gears 2 in sales. It has no chance.

@pieschl05:
Gears of War 2, didn´t sold too much consoles, like for example mgs4 did with the ps3

kazuyamishima said:
@pieschl05:
Gears of War 2, didn´t sold too much consoles, like for example mgs4 did with the ps3

Actually MGS4 sold consoles alongside a 180% increase in sales which actually stemmed from the initial PS3 price drop. MGS4 helped by being bundled with the PS3 during the price drop and still hasn't surpassed motorstorm (Which is sad).

Around the Network

@S.T.A.G.E. , well everygame is modeled or built on foundations that other games have established.  Gears wasnt the first of its kind, nor will it be the last.  My point was that gameplay and the mood of the game seem to reflect oneanother.  And ad for saying that im justifying the ps3, you must be crazy.  because last i knew it was the ps2 that the xbox, andxbox360 stole ideas and built off of.    I also own both consoles and as for origionality, playstation has been there from the start.

LOL...maybe me, but not based on the current data.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

pieschl05 said:

@S.T.A.G.E. , well everygame is modeled or built on foundations that other games have established.  Gears wasnt the first of its kind, nor will it be the last.  My point was that gameplay and the mood of the game seem to reflect oneanother.  And ad for saying that im justifying the ps3, you must be crazy.  because last i knew it was the ps2 that the xbox, andxbox360 stole ideas and built off of.    I also own both consoles and as for origionality, playstation has been there from the start.

The only thing Gears built off of was the Kill switch and unreal tournament foundations. Storylinewise it is its own style, despite the large amout of marine games. What is of itself is what makes it great. The best of everything Gears is that was borrowed was borrowed from ambitious styles and did right what they lacked in the past. What you said wasn't justifying the PS3. When I said justifying the PS3 I was referring to fanboys trying to gain hype for a PS3 game off of a 360 games already attained glory. I would be crazy to state that Splinter Cell on the 360 could gain as much fanfare as MGS. MGS is unique in its own way and cannot truthfully be duplicated in its actual depth. Microsoft did copy ideas from the PS2 era, but thats because they want to take out the PS3. Playstation and Microsoft represent monopolistic coporate entities in the gaming industry who will rule the gaming industry through dominant force. Sony did that in the beginning and Microsoft is using their power better than the first try. Sony is expected to understand how to make a proper piece of electronics as opposed to Microsoft whom is dominantly software.

i could mainly agree with most of that.  Although i do think killzone may be borrowing style from gears, but gamplay wise it borrows from every great shooter out there, in order to make hopefully the best to date.

guys read some previews,,,
killzone is a direct competition for COD4 modern warfare. not gears of war