By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Killzone2 be ps3's gears of war

I think if you were to compare anything to gears, no it shouldn't be resistance, it should be killzone 2.  They both have the same art style, weight on the player, and amazing visuals.  So how will killzone fare on the ps3.

I don't believe it will sell consoles like gears 2.

1. It will lack advertising

2. Ps3 has a smaller base.

Around the Network

In My belief "smaller install base" is long gone Gears doesn't sell 20mil copies it will probably sell close to 5mil, Halo sold 8.41mil....yet there's nearly 23 xbox users. So with Sony's 16.84 install base is not an issue.

As for advertising possibly but seriously show this to every PC gamer and they should be shocked at a console shooter of how good it looks. I personally belief it will sell as well as Gears 2 did in its first week because we are getting allot of shooters gamers in for this console. And some 360 owners might grab a PS3 just to play this game so I do believe it will sell very well

Renai_Kakume said:
In My belief "smaller install base" is long gone Gears doesn't sell 20mil copies it will probably sell close to 5mil, Halo sold 8.41mil....yet there's nearly 23 xbox users. So with Sony's 16.84 install base is not an issue.

As for advertising possibly but seriously show this to every PC gamer and they should be shocked at a console shooter of how good it looks. I personally belief it will sell as well as Gears 2 did in its first week because we are getting allot of shooters gamers in for this console. And some 360 owners might grab a PS3 just to play this game so I do believe it will sell very well

Gears sell 5 mil? Rofl. It will have more than 5mil units sold around Christmas time, so LTD I expect around 7/8m.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

@Renai_Kakume, Don't get me wrong, I hope it sells 2-3 million in its first couple of months. I own a ps3 and i believe it to be the best console this generation. I just really hope that sony will get a smash exclusive, to help raise sales. Resistance sales aren't bad, but they seem minor compared to gears. Here is to high hopes.

@ Renai_Kakume

You believe Killzone2 will sell 2,139,656 its first week. I have run out of marijuana (really I have) perhaps you could share? You have to be on drugs...

Around the Network

No, it wont be. Not for me at least, I def. prefer third person shooters.

GoW has an intense action that I haven't seen in a PS shooter so far. If Killzone delivers on the "testosteron overdrive"-sensation, then it could perform well, but it won't outdo the shooters on the xbox.

I'd hate for it to be like gears because I hate gears character design. The steroid OD characters just turn me off.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
I'd hate for it to be like gears because I hate gears character design. The steroid OD characters just turn me off.

Oh... Hmmm, just wondering, who's that guy in your PSN ID? He looks tough.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Pristine20 said:

Oh... Hmmm, just wondering, who's that guy in your PSN ID? He looks tough.

Just one of the avatars on PSN...I'm not sure who he is. I chose him because he looks pretty cool

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler